Help preserve Conneaut Lake Park and its rare wooden coaster

General, non-amusement park heritage-related discussion, including conservation news and information.

Moderator: EAS

Help preserve Conneaut Lake Park and its rare wooden coaster

Postby David Ellis » 11 Jun 2011, 01:08

Conneaut Lake Park (Pennsylvania, USA) are in the running for a Preservation Society Grant...Lisa from the park contacted me today to tell me about it. Details are here
http://www.preservationnation.org/take- ... e-inc.html

Registration to vote just needs an email address and post code...let's help get the park some well-needed funds to continue their preservation work so that future generations can enjoy the park and its classic wooden coaster, Blue Streak, one of only two Ed Vettel wooden coasters left.

I was fortunate enough to ride the Blue Streak in September last year, the day after it reopened to the public for the first time in 5 years...the park is a special place...the more people that vote the better chance the park has of getting the grant.

David.
World Naked Coaster Riding Record Holder
David Ellis

Postby David Ellis » 14 Jun 2011, 01:21

The park have told me today they are slipping a bit in the voting...so please help support the preservation work by giving them your vote and getting them nearer to winning some valuable preservation grant money.
Cheers.
World Naked Coaster Riding Record Holder
David Ellis

Return to Heritage Forum