the kelpies

The place for off-topic discussion. Any subject is fair game, as long as it meets the forum rules.

Moderator: EAS

the kelpies

Postby kevinashe » 07 May 2014, 13:12

this is huge lottery funded project less than 4 miles from where i stay.It includes a lagoon,cafe,(large playpark ongoing) dancing fountains and lots of paths and walks.The centerpiece is the kelpie structures which link a canal basin and new section of canal (there was a programme on bbc scotland 06/05/14 at 9pm)will be on iplayer if anybodys interested ,anyway here are some pictures
kevinashe

Re: the kelpies

Postby EAS » 22 May 2014, 13:48

It is all rather amazing isn't it? Best photos I've seen too

I was totally unconvinced when the horses' heads were first mooted, but they look much better in reality.

Fascinating.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Re: the kelpies

Postby kevinashe » 22 May 2014, 17:45

havent been down since the land around was a building site but its finished now,passing on the motorway (m9) the heads are red lit from within and clear lit from the outside.There are still sections being built including a playpark,and visitor centre-great place to cycle or even roller skate!!.Same goes here my wife wonders how many pictures you can take of the heads!!!
kevinashe

Return to Outside the Park: Off-Topic Discussion