People rescued from ride...

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

People rescued from ride...

Postby EAS » 06 Nov 2006, 01:52

EAS

Postby EAS » 06 Nov 2006, 14:11

EAS

Postby EAS » 10 Nov 2006, 10:52

I understand that this accident had nothing at all to do with M and D's - it was part of a travelling fair, on another part of the site, which which was there for the fireworks. Let's hope any adverse publicity doesn't mean visitor numbers reduce through a misunderstanding.

What is worrying is the fact the firebrigade etc found access difficult because they were having to try to get through crowds of people, and even when on site there seems to be no masterplan regarding what to do.

In the end I gather the hydraulics were cut, and the young people simply dropped. How many weren't injured by this move I don't know.

I'm astonished that access for emergency services wasn't considered as a basic for the event.
EAS

Postby furie » 10 Nov 2006, 11:54

EAS wrote:I'm astonished that access for emergency services wasn't considered as a basic for the event.

Being a regular at these things, I'm not over astonished to be honest. There never seems to be much consideration to things going wrong. I'm off to a similar, and large event at Telford tomorrow night. I'll check and see if they have any regard for access too.

I think the only good thing to say is that nobody was hurt by the ride itself, ie the restaints stayed locked, and the ride intact. Having been stuck on Colossus at Thorpe for over an hour though in March, I do feel for those people suffering the cold, it's pretty unbearable pretty quickly.
Furie and the lop-eared lagomorphs of Lucifer
Failed to Save the Cyclone :(
furie

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum