Morecambes Noahs Ark - Help with history

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Morecambes Noahs Ark - Help with history

Postby pbeesley » 30 Jan 2007, 18:46

Hi,
Ive a bit of an obsession with Arks :-) and im trying to build the history of the Morecambe one, does anyone know if it come up from southend with the coaster to Morecambe in the early 1970's. ? Everywhere i turn is drawing a blank.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Paul
pbeesley

Postby Gary » 30 Jan 2007, 20:09

Hi Paul..nice to speak to you on different message boards! :D

Not the Ark this time but Le Cyclone..

One of the most bizzare emails I ever received was from a woman who claimed to work at Frontierland (She had a pop at JR) and reckoned the coaster came over from France by ferry to a port in the North somewhere and was split into two with some bits going to Southport.

Love the story but don't necessarily believe everthing I read

Then again, what the heck do I know.

Maybe its true?

I mean why bother to email the info if it isn't?

Hmm...beats me!

PS loved the Morecambe Ark but felt it smelt like urine in one part of it on my last venture in there..It was my last venture in there..

Hope to catch you Feb 10th

Gary
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Postby pbeesley » 03 Feb 2007, 17:56

Hi Gary,
Funnily enough i heard a similar story, the ride was too big for morecambe so they "chopped" some off and used it for spares. I cant see the left overs of cyclone making the way over to Blackpool though.

I dont recall the morecambe ark in much detail, i have a few pictures that arent dated and thats about it. Ted at BPB has some history along with some pictures of the southport ark - I must arrange this trip back to the archives.

My quest for Ark information is taking me to Kennywood in June - ive just booked the flights. Ive already spoken to the PR people who are very nice, hopefully ill get a tour out of them.

I'll look forward to meeting you on Saturday Gary, are you staying over ?.

Cheers
Paul
pbeesley

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum