What will be THE next big thing after Nemesis Inferno???

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

What will be THE next big thing after Nemesis Inferno???

Postby Fraser » 30 Jan 2003, 14:40

Obviously the most anticipated ride of the season is Nemesis Inferno. Last year we were a bit spoiled with anticipation of 3 major coasters being built within these shores.
So, what will get our coasting juices going next? Pier Drop? The spinning mouse at Camelot? Or do we reckon there's an unannounced surprise instore for us?
I hope I don't have to wait until 2006 for the next big piece of coasting news. Do you reckon that something Big and Juicy will be built between Nem:Inf and Project 2006?????
Fraser

Re: What will be THE next big thing after Nemesis Inferno???

Postby Graeme » 30 Jan 2003, 19:02

Fraser wrote:I hope I don't have to wait until 2006 for the next big piece of coasting news. Do you reckon that something Big and Juicy will be built between Nem:Inf and Project 2006?????

I don't think we'll get anything on the scale of Nemesis Inferno between 2004 and 2006, but I'm sure there will be plenty of diversions! For 2003, as well as Inferno, there's the Camelot spinning coaster, plus Twizzler Bendz. 2004 will see Pier Drop, of course, which could be a very large ride.

The good news is the rumours are plentiful: Alton woodie, Oakwood out & back, Southport coaster (2005).

I'm sure there will be one sooner as well, as yet unannounced... ;)
Graeme

New Spinning Coaster @ Chessington

Postby peter101 » 04 Feb 2003, 08:48

Subject to planning permission, Chessington will be getting a new Family Spinning Coaster for 2003 as part of a new £5m themed area.

Thope Park are installing a Big Wheel and a Mini flying carpet, like the one that used to be a Chessington. They are also having a Spiderman stunt show.

I worked at Thorpe Park last year on Colossus and after speaking to one of the main managers. Alton Towers will be getting a woodie at some stage. There were a lot of visits over to Europe, riding some woodies by the Alton Towers & Tussauds management and a lot of good feed back.

Hope this has been of info
peter101

Postby David » 04 Feb 2003, 10:26

Spinning Coasters are great arn't they?

I have been on quite a few of the Reverchone coasters and also Magic Spinning Coaster built by Muer Sohn.

The best one built to date seems to be located at Phantasialand in Germany.

Extremely well themed an looks like a very interesting layout.

Take a look at the video of Winja

http://www.phantasialand-info.de/phanta ... hp?lang=de

The Riverquest new generation rapids looks good as well.
Ladies and Gentlemen you are about to board the Top Buzz
David

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum