Uh Oh..Skegness

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Uh Oh..Skegness

Postby Gary » 23 Feb 2007, 20:19

Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Postby furie » 23 Feb 2007, 21:26

Having gone there last year, I can't see how it could possibly be run any worse.

Th epark was pretty nasty to be honest, and the pay per ride idea very bad (with no option of wristbands, offers, and the rides being quite pricey).

Apparently The Odyssey was closed most of the time as they had a "per day" insurance system on it, so they only paid insurance (public insurance) when the ride was open. So the ride was closed except when the park was exceptionally busy.

The stalls were mostly rip-off merchants, dope paraphernalia and wife-beater bars. I know seasides are supposed to be tacky, but Fantasy Island showed the likes of Blackpool how to do it properly ;)
Furie and the lop-eared lagomorphs of Lucifer
Failed to Save the Cyclone :(
furie

Postby Gary » 23 Feb 2007, 21:41

I have never been to the park before and point taken about the idea that it was poorly run last year.

I suppose my cynical nature may sometimes get the better of me but at the moment it is asking:

"What chance restaurants and a hotel?" :(

- These paranoid times.
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum