Welcome to Joyland

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Welcome to Joyland

Postby Gary » 21 Mar 2007, 19:44

If you haven't already then first click the link below and then click Joyland's Promotional Video..

Sit back and smile.

It's heartwarming.

Joyland is a corner of Great Yarmouth that is forever England.

http://joyland.org.uk/index.html
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Postby porterm » 27 Mar 2007, 02:16

Hi Gary - that video was great I thought. I've got to ride those tubs sometime soon (the coaster club I belong to are planning on a Yarmouth visit this Summer so fingers crossed). I still really miss BPB's Virginia Reel so this substitute could be interesting.

Also, I won't have to "cross the pond" this year for my American Diner fix!

Joyland certainly looked busy on the video; strangely enough I've never ventured inside on my past visits as I just thought the rides were all for children. (Well, I suppose they are their target audience in reality but I hope I'm not too big to ride the Tubs).

Martin
porterm

Postby bluea61 » 23 May 2007, 10:45

We just recently got back from Great Yarmouth and Joyland was great. They have themed the whole place really well and the rides we went on were great.

The Tubs, The Snails and the Spook Express were all excellent coaster rides. The rest of the rides are like you say targeted at the younger audience.
Steve
bluea61

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum