Southport Fun House Last Act?

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Southport Fun House Last Act?

Postby porterm » 05 Apr 2007, 23:55

Hi all,

I had a nice communication from the guy from the Magic Eye website last week. We were discussing Pleasureland's former Cyclone coaster among other things and he later e-mailed me to advise me that he was attending a final event at the former park's Fun House (called "The Last Slide" I believe). This took place last Saturday.

I was of the understanding that this historic attraction was to remain open after Pleasureland closed its gates last September. I just wondered if anyone else had any news on this subject. (With the site's apparent uncertain future I wonder how it could really continue financially if it ended up as a stand-alone attraction. However I suppose it could be creatively rebranded as a kiddies' play area whilst adults go to the many "fun" eateries that I guess will spring up there)

Martin
porterm

Postby iain » 09 Apr 2007, 15:15

This was an event organised by Club Pleasure Beach and it was the last evening of operation for the attraction. Pleasureland Fun House is no more.

Iain
iain

Postby pbeesley » 19 Sep 2007, 11:27

Hi,
I attended this final party and had a great time. The funhouse is still open at the new pleasureland but the social mixer and spinning wheel (dont know its name sorry) have been taken out, along with the Barrel which was on the car park at Blackpool for some time.

The stairs are still there.

the interior is still a play area for kids, they have some motorised cars where the spinning wheel was and a soft play area.

I was talking to the operator a few weeks ago and he worked in the pleasureland fun house for a number of years.

heres some pictures from the Club pleasure beach trip if anyone wants to take a look.

http://ridemad.com/southport-pleasureland-the-fun-house-its-final-laughs#more-64

Cheers
Paul
pbeesley

Postby EAS » 19 Sep 2007, 18:13

Some of the fittings mentioned were rescued for Dreamland.
EAS

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum