Barry Island Pleasure Park on New TV Sitcom

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Barry Island Pleasure Park on New TV Sitcom

Postby porterm » 14 May 2007, 00:51

I just thought I'd comment on seeing the Log Flume featured in tonight's (Sunday May 13) new BBC Three sitcom called "Gavin and Stacey". The split-second shot of the Log Flume appeared in the first episode.

The show centres on a young Essex man linking up with a lady from Barry, South Wales. It could present some more amusement park themed opportunities as the series progresses I guess, so it could be worth keeping an eye on it. I thought it was a little ironic that both lead characters' areas feature amusement parks. Hopefully, some coverage of Barry's park could arouse some much needed media attention which might help to secure its future.

Aside from the park featured, I thought the show was pretty good with some interesting characters. Well done BBC Three; another off-the-wall comedy, and it also featured the excellent Julia Davis from the former classic Nighty Night dark comedy series.

Martin
porterm

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum