Fort Fun Eastbourne! New "thrill" Coaster.

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Fort Fun Eastbourne! New "thrill" Coaster.

Postby furie » 23 May 2007, 09:47

In view of Bob's constant "the end of the amusement park is nigh", it's worth noting that Fort Fun Amusements in Eastbourne is installing a new thrill coaster. Well, "new" in a PBB Lt.d way anyhow ;)

The old Pinfari Wildcat from Southport is currently being reconstructed at the kiddy park in Eastbourne.

Considering that the market is dead for seaside holidays, both Brighton and Bournemouth are making remarkable investments in new rides. I also made a trip to "Flamingo Park" in Hastings earlier in the year, and that has a host of new rides too (less than two years old).

The move at Fort Fun is very surprising, as (as bob keeps telling us) there's only money to be made from kids amusements. Well, Fort Fun is 100% for the under 8's, so why invest in this ride?
Furie and the lop-eared lagomorphs of Lucifer
Failed to Save the Cyclone :(
furie

Postby bluea61 » 23 May 2007, 10:37

Its not the only park investing in a new/used ride. A few examples:

Twinlakes Park - Buffalo Stampede from American Adventure

Camelot - Knightmare from Japan, a very highly rated "thrill" coaster.

Pleasurewood Hills - Wipeout from American Adventure, a Vekoma Boomerang also a "thrill" coaster.

Flamingo Land - Runaway Mine Train from American Adventure, the second coaster in as many years after installing Kumali.

Thats 4 off the top of my head without thinking about it, I know there are others. Just proves there is a market with the right investment.
Steve
bluea61

Postby furie » 23 May 2007, 11:10

True they are, but the point I was making was more about the Seaside resorts (so woefully in decline according to bob) :)

Pleasurewood Hills is though really, and it's good to see them invest in the old American Adventure Boomerang. A lot of places have done quite well out of American Adventure.

I visited Twinlakes two weeks ago, and it's got a long way to go. It's a great little place for the youngsters. Lots of play parks and play barns, plus some animals and a few unusual kids rides. Great day out if you have a young family and the Buffalo coaster will fit that well.

I wrote park guides recently for both Twinlakes and Flamingo Park in Hastings. I'll probably do Fort Fun in the summer too, so can give an update on how popular the new coaster has made the park.

http://www.coasterforce.com/Twinlakes

http://www.coasterforce.com/flamingo_park

and in stark contrast, Coney Beach in Porth Cawl, which is very tacky and looks dreadful to be honest. Though there are some real gems there.

http://www.coasterforce.com/Coney_Beach
furie

Postby bluea61 » 23 May 2007, 13:19

He does generally lack a sunny outlook for all Theme Parks though!!

As for seaside, Clarence Pier in Portsmouth have added two new thrill rides for 2007. Hayling Island will be adding a host of new used rides for next year I think.
Steve
bluea61

Postby Zoidstar » 23 May 2007, 13:40

bluea61 wrote:Its not the only park investing in a new/used ride. A few examples:

Twinlakes Park - Buffalo Stampede from American Adventure

Camelot - Knightmare from Japan, a very highly rated "thrill" coaster.

Pleasurewood Hills - Wipeout from American Adventure, a Vekoma Boomerang also a "thrill" coaster.

Flamingo Land - Runaway Mine Train from American Adventure, the second coaster in as many years after installing Kumali.

Thats 4 off the top of my head without thinking about it, I know there are others. Just proves there is a market with the right investment.

You can add Adventure Island (Peter Pans) Southend: Rage all new £2million rollercoaster http://www.adventureisland.co.uk/rage.aspx Rage Video Promo
Zoid on!
Zoidstar

Postby SJ » 23 May 2007, 20:19

The Coaster going into Fort Fun is NOT the wild cat from Pleasure land, it is a brand new Italian coaster, and this is the first of 2 new rides being installed this year, the first being a brand new Italian log flume and the second being the coaster.

Fort fun is not aimed to the under 8's it is aimed at the familys, Rockys, the indoor play area is more aimed to the younger kids.

Scott Manning did pull the wild cat down, but this ride is not staying in the UK.

Scott and Louise have invested a lot of hard work and money into Fort Fun and will continue for years to come.
WWW.ATFOTF.COM/FORUM
The best fun fair forum in the world
SJ

Postby furie » 23 May 2007, 21:35

SJ wrote:The Coaster going into Fort Fun is NOT the wild cat from Pleasure land, it is a brand new Italian coaster, and this is the first of 2 new rides being installed this year, the first being a brand new Italian log flume and the second being the coaster.

Is it one of the new D.V.P. figure 8's? I got the information off RCDB, which can certainly be hit and miss, but is generally pretty good.

Sorry about getting the information wrong.
SJ wrote:Fort fun is not aimed to the under 8's it is aimed at the familys, Rockys, the indoor play area is more aimed to the younger kids.

Sorry, I'm not putting the place down. It's a great place to take the kids for a few hours. It's just that there isn't anything there which would be thrilling to an over 8. The golf course is attractive, but not massively compelling. A true family attraction can keep a full age range of toddlers to adults (including teens) entertained. Fort fun fails on the 8 to teen market. It's not a bad thing, as there is a need for places like this, and I'm glad they exist!

SJ wrote:Scott Manning did pull the wild cat down, but this ride is not staying in the UK.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but I don't know who Scott Manning is.

SJ wrote:Scott and Louise have invested a lot of hard work and money into Fort Fun and will continue for years to come.

It shows as the park is very good. I'm glad that there is not only gonig to be continued investment, but that there are visitors coming to appreciate it :)
furie

Postby SJ » 24 May 2007, 11:31

The rides are bein built bt L&T Systems of Italy.

Scott and Louise Manning are the owners of the Park, they also run travelling fairs under the name of Mannings fairview Co and JEA Mannings and sons INTL
WWW.ATFOTF.COM/FORUM
SJ

Postby furie » 24 May 2007, 12:46

SJ wrote:The rides are bein built bt L&T Systems of Italy.

Scott and Louise Manning are the owners of the Park, they also run travelling fairs under the name of Mannings fairview Co and JEA Mannings and sons INTL

Thanks for the information :) The new Flume ride will be an excellent addition too. Things are looking good for the south coast.
furie

Postby bluea61 » 24 May 2007, 13:28

Do Mannings operate Clarence Pier in Southsea also? Its just that the name sounds so familiar.
Steve
bluea61

Postby SJ » 24 May 2007, 15:27

bluea61 wrote:Do Mannings operate Clarence Pier in Southsea also? Its just that the name sounds so familiar.

Yes, Clarence pier is operated by Mannings, i think it is Sam Manning, but i may be wrong.

Most of the Mannings travel round London and the Home Counties
WWW.ATFOTF.COM/FORUM
SJ

Postby jacoaster » 08 Jul 2007, 16:41

I went to Fort Fun today. The log flume track has arrived:

No sign of a coaster though :(
jacoaster

Postby SJ » 08 Jul 2007, 20:41

The Coaster has been delayed a bit.

The flume should be operating within the next 2 weeks all going well.
WWW.ATFOTF.COM/FORUM
SJ

Postby Martin » 17 Jul 2007, 21:48

Not sure where Sam Manning is involved with Clarence Pier these days, the rides at the park are mostly operated by Ronnie Bentley and Wade Shufflebottom.
Martin

Postby jacoaster » 21 Jul 2007, 09:15

I've just heard that the coaster has now been built, but it's not operating yet. I'm not sure what type of coaster it is, but I'll be going there later today to take pictures :)
jacoaster

Next

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum