Camelot

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Camelot

Postby michael » 19 Aug 2003, 08:19

Anyone been to Camelot recently ? I last went about 4 yrs ago when it was still owned by Granada and thought it was a bit run down. Is it worth a visit nowadays??
michael

camelot

Postby dave » 22 Aug 2003, 20:01

yes i whould say its well worth a visit, i went in june and really enjoyed it.
The new Whirlwind spinning coaster was great rode it about seven times
the rest of the parks rides are good as well its changed a few rides since you last went gone is the tower of terror coaster but another looping coaster as been put in its place which was a good ride, also gone is the gauntlet roller coaster, i whuold think they;ve tidied the park up from what you can remember of it .
regards dave.
dave

Went this Weekend - Brilliant

Postby SallyRad » 12 Sep 2007, 16:05

I went to camelot this weekend and had an amazing time. We went because we had heard about their new ride Knightmare, it has been advertised as over half a mile full of fiendish twists, nightmarish turns and scary steep drop. I have to say it did not disappoint. We thought that the ride would be pretty busy later on in the day and so headed there first. I had read all about it before going to the park and so I was pretty excited about going on it.

We got to Camelot for 10am (opening time) on saturday, giving us plenty of time to go on all of the rides. It was free to park and cost £18 each to enter.

Following our death defying ride on Knightmare we had caught the high speed, fast ride bug and so headed off to Excalibur 2. It is very fast and goes pretty high, probably not a ride for the faint hearted. On to one more thrill ride before going for something a little less heart racing - we decided on the Whirlwind. We were placed in a spinning carriage, which goes around the track at super fast speeds and hurled around in what can only be described as a Whirlwind.

My friends and I thought that we should probably take a break and decided to stop and watch the Magic show with the children, the adults and children in the audience all seemed to really enjoy the show.

We then headed over to Squire Bumpkin’s Farm to have a look at the animals, It is very nice to just wander around and see the animal for a little while (Pigs, Ponies, Lambs, Goats, a Horse, and a Donkey).

Once we have wandered around the farm we headed back to the Land of the Brave and went on The Rack, from this ride we got a birds eye view of the entire park, which way interested and a nice way to ease ourselves back into the swing of things. Next onto Go Karts, we had a brilliant time and it brought out the competitive side of us all – I came 3rd in our race which I was very pleased about.

After lunch we went to the Jousting Show, which was like stepping back in time to medieval England. There were jugglers, jesters, knights and trick riders. Afterwards we got to chat to King Arthur and some of the knights. This was the best bit about my day, so much fun!

On to The Galleon Ships – this ride certainly helped me to find my sea legs and challenged even those of us with a cast iron stomach. Swinging from side to side, I held on and laughed so much at all my friends. Falcon’s Flight was next on our list – like a hot air balloon ride, we were able to take in the sights as we gently floated back down to earth.

Pendragon’s plunge was great with twists, turns, dips and dives, this is a water ride, where you will get wet so go on this towards the end of the ride – this was my favourite ride and so much fun. I sat on an inflatable, take your courage in both hands and go down three different water slides.

Finally, Log Flume – always go on the log flume last because you get wet. The log flume is a classic ride and always a great way to end the day, then back to the car to change, and go home.

If you are stuck for something to do this weekend I would highly recommend a trip to Camelot. We had a fantastic time and will definitely be going back soon.
SallyRad

Postby pbeesley » 19 Sep 2007, 10:56

Hi,
Glad you had a good time, i went two weekends ago and the place was covered in wasps, they were everywhere.

Im not that bothered about wasps, but it really was full of them, you couldnt even sit down and have some lunch before 3 or 4 of them would be circling your sandwiches.

Every ride and every queue, it seemed to be worse up near knightmare and excalibur.

The park should really do something about this, ive noticed other parks like Alton have wasp traps near allot of attractions and they seem to work quite well. I have some smaller ones in the back garden at home and it keeps them away from the kids.

Other than that we had a good day, i go a few times each season as its only a 40 minute drive for me.

Cheers
Paul
pbeesley

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum