Blackpool Tower World Rumour

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Blackpool Tower World Rumour

Postby Gary » 27 Aug 2003, 23:02

Can anyone shed any light on the rumour that the dark ride "The Dawn of Time" is to close at the end of the 2003 season and be replaced with a dance area?

It certainly isn't a hi tech ride by today's standards but..I love(d) it and will be very sorry to see it go. :(
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Postby Gary » 16 Feb 2004, 19:14

Well I asked Leisure Parcs themselves and I have to give Alison Pilling much credit for replying: (Thanks Alison!)

"Thanks for your e-mail. I have asked the Tower and they have no immediate plans to change, but as with anything in the Tower we are always looking to keep things fresh. So glad you enjoy your visits." Alison

And I had this image of dinosaurs being carted up the M55 / M6 to Southport on the back of a lorry.... :D

..Hmm....Watch this space though.....The e mail doesn't rule out any change completely and this doesn't totally tally with what I was told last year by a source close to the ride!
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum