Disney World Florida: Trip Report without pics: Third Bit

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Disney World Florida: Trip Report without pics: Third Bit

Postby Gary » 16 Sep 2007, 16:27

Her's a tip for anyone visiting EPCOT who just happens to get hot, thirsty and wanting to penny pinch..

There's a place called Club Cool next to The Fountain Cafe where you can sample fizzy drinks from around the world..as much as you like - for free!

Refreshing fizzy drinks from Mozambique, Costa Rica, Mexico, Germany, Italy, Israel and China amongst others are on tap.

Burp yourself refreshed.

Test Track is a fantastic ride although in hindsight riding it straight after sampling the delights of Club Cool was perhaps a mistake.

The early queues were about 20 mins. The later the day gets, the bigger the queues..But this is one ride you don't want to miss!

This $60m dollar ride is the only attraction at EPCOT that has a single rider queue and many people were using this.

I believe the ride does experience more technical difficulties than most other attractions and it closes during storms and high winds as well.

Luckily there were no such obstacles to overcome on our 3 visits to the park. (We love this park!)

Great queueing area, followed by a video on a screen followed by clambering aboard the car..

Get ready to experience (inside the building) what it must be like being a Crash Test Dummy!

Once out in the open, the cars eventually reach approx 60mph for a 12 second period - Exhilirating / Superb.

Be sure to sit in the first of the two rows, ideally on the right for max effect.

Soarin' was a 20 min queue but again reached an hour plus later on in the day. We used FastPass.

A great experience but I came off a little disappointed.

The riders sit in a gigantic hang glider and get lifted up to 40 feet in the air. - The Californian Lanscapes (Yosemite falls, Napa Valley etc) are projected onto a massive IMAX screen all around you. Add movement, sounds and smells and you can imagine the experience.

We went on this twice and found the nearer the front row of the Hang Glider you sit, the less you see of other people's dangling legs in front of you.

I could write loads about EPCOT - But the idea of these posts are just to give a flavour of the place.

One thing that really makes me scratch my head at Disney World is the fact that nobody seems to walk between parks. There appeared to be a distinct lack of pavements. I know people make up for the walking at the parks but it seems everyone travels by car or uses the Disney transport to commute between parks.

It once took me 25 mins to get from one hotel to another using the bus. (Stops at other hotels / parks on route) I worked out later that if I had walked it would have been 10 mins max!!

Anyways - I suppose it all added to the fun of things.

'll let you know how we got on at Magic Kingdom in the fourth bit of this report next week some time.

Postby uvegotmale2000 » 20 Sep 2007, 15:37

epcot cnetre or center as americans say is fantastic.
expereince a lot of different countries and cultures,then even have a british pub in the uk section lol

enjoy the magic kingdom,prepare to be spellbound :D
uvegotmale2000

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum