Disney World Florida: Trip Report without pics: Final Bit

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Disney World Florida: Trip Report without pics: Final Bit

Postby Gary » 30 Sep 2007, 18:27

Some final thoughts:

Loved the holiday and would recommend it to all who love Theme Parks and don't mind getting up at the crack of dawn and going to bed late.

Surprised by the amount of elderly people working at Disney World (Doing it for the love of it or because they have to??) Two ladies who served us at a Fast Food Restaurant must have been in their mid 70s and looked hassled and tired.

Had we all been on a bus believe me when I say I would have offered both of them a seat.

Hated the Strongbow Cider at The Rose and Crown at EPCOT World Showcase. Tasted more like water to me.

Standout Disney World rides at each park for me:

Test Track at EPCOT, Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom, Kilimanjaro Safari at Animal Kingdom, and The Great Movie Ride at MGM.

The award for the attraction that promised the most and delivered the least: Narnia at MGM..

The wardrobe opened up before us and we walked in to a magnificent mock up of a snowy, icy woodland complete with gas lamps..Sadly the remainder of our time involved watching a screen showing excerpts from the movie gone and the next movie to come.

Transportation: Not bad..buses tend to come 20 mins apart but annoyingly can take a long time to get to their destination due to calling in at other hotels and parks.

Enjoyed the boats across Lake Bay and the monorail on the couple of occasions we used it.

We don't think we would hire a car again because really if you are just visiting Disney World there is no need.

We used the car for Sea World and Universal Studios (About 7 and 10 miles away from where we were staying respectively)...They are another post though! :-)

Loved the Wilderness Lodge Hotel..We had a great view over the lake - Smashing family hotel.

Reservations for meals wasn't as easy as hoped but food was cheap even after the 15 - 20% tips.

Best quirky trip of the holiday: Went to Fort Wilderness and experienced a horse and carriage trip into the woods..It cost us - a family of 3 - just $35 for half an hour - Brilliant.

The all you can eat buffet is good value for money there too.

Enjoyed Downtown Disney but as it was a 35 minute bus ride from our hotel we went only twice..Shopaholics will love this place.

To see any shows at the parks you need to arrive up to an hour early (without fastpass)..But it can be very hot queueing..diehards only.

Disney has just so much to offer.

Timeshares (Vacation Resorts) seem to be taking off there.

We'll stick to the hotels and the Magic Hours (Early Entry for hotel guests and the hours that the parks stay open later just for guests) that come with them.

Disney Meal planner was a bit of a connundrum for us..Saw many people using it but to be honest I don't know exactly how it works for its extra cost.

Sad to leave but we have many great memories.

Thanks for reading

Gary
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum