Texas Tornado In India Truth or Fiction

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Texas Tornado In India Truth or Fiction

Postby AndrewEdwards » 30 Jan 2003, 22:31

Can anyone add to this little mystery. Ive been passed a message that the Texas Tornado that exisited at Frontierland (or at least part of it including lift hill and a train) have been relocated to India and may be rebuilt in some shape or form but including the remains of the TT. Interesting story, but i cannot get anyone to confirm this and BPB are not available to comment
AndrewEdwards

Postby Andrew » 31 Jan 2003, 00:01

Hia Andrew,

I run the Frontierland Remembered website, which is being refurbished and being made very different to include the Morecambe amusement parks from the beginning.

With the Texas Tornado story, I was a little excited with this, however, here is the truth.

A replica of the Southport Cyclone is being built in India and the trains of the Texas Tornado will be running on the ride. I took the liberty of finding out about it and thats what I was told.

A bit disapointing really, as we already have the Cyclone, and a new Texas Tornado would be nice :) The ride is aparently meant to be built with steel frame work and wooden track.

Hope this helps

Andrew.
Andrew

Postby AndrewEdwards » 31 Jan 2003, 11:52

Thanks Andrew

At least the TT Trains get to live on, i guess that is one good thing. But a rebuild of the TT would have been better, its been a long time missed already
AndrewEdwards

Postby Andrew » 31 Jan 2003, 18:13

AndrewEdwards wrote:Thanks Andrew

At least the TT Trains get to live on, i guess that is one good thing. But a rebuild of the TT would have been better, its been a long time missed already

Don't remind me :cry:

I hope my website can do the park some justice.

Thanks

Andrew.
Andrew

Postby Nick » 31 Jan 2003, 23:03

As far as I know the TT structure was scrapped (the only remaining pieces of wood are those stored at BPB). I inspected the ride just before it closed and it was found to be in excellent condition. There was surprisingly little rotting wood. It could have been rebuilt, but I suppose that would have been costly, especially when compared to the price of a new steel ride.

Unfortunately, I don't think Morecambe has recovered from the closure of Frontierland. I visited last year in July and it was deserted.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby David » 01 Feb 2003, 15:34

No the coaster is not in India but there is a park with several BPB copies including the Flying Machine, Zipper Dipper and Water Chute.
Ladies and Gentlemen you are about to board the Top Buzz
David

Postby Andrew » 01 Feb 2003, 20:54

I visited Frontierland much through 2001 and a bit of 2002 as well. The site is basically the same with no new development. I think Morecambe's days are over, have been for a few years now.

The Midland Hotel has been bought again and is to re-open I hear.

David, what other parks have copy's of BPB rides? Would be interested to know. Thanks in advance.

Andrew.
Andrew

Postby David » 01 Feb 2003, 22:16

Can't think of any other parks off the top of my head.

But here is some more information on the Zipper Dipper

http://www.esselworld.com/esselworld/zipperdipper.htm
Ladies and Gentlemen you are about to board the Top Buzz
David

Postby Andrew » 02 Feb 2003, 17:51

David wrote:Can't think of any other parks off the top of my head.

But here is some more information on the Zipper Dipper

http://www.esselworld.com/esselworld/zipperdipper.htm

Thanks for that link David. Quite funny that being in India as well. I remember hearing a rumour ages ago that the Pepsi Max Big One was going there! lol

Andrew.
Andrew

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum