Blackpool Pleasure Beach sold?

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Blackpool Pleasure Beach sold?

Postby porf » 28 May 2008, 16:24

Unconfirmed rumour on the ECC mailing list that Virgin have bought Blackpool Pleasure beach.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby Gary » 28 May 2008, 17:07

I would be flabbergasted if that rumour turned out to be true! :D

I was there with Club Pleasure Beach a couple of weeks ago and nothing was mentioned. I heard a rumour elsewhere that Disney had bought the park. :D

These type of rumours tend to circulate every year.

On the subject of BPB rumours suggest a new (flat) ride soon situated not far from The Wild Mouse, the possible return of the Mexican High Divers next year and rumours about a Big Mac of sorts...

There's definately a new entrance coming and Superbowl Dodgems are going to where the Whip once was in the South Park.

Rumours, facts and rumours.

I love them! :D
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Postby porterm » 28 May 2008, 17:34

Funny - I was just going to post this news too! (via the European Coaster Club's members' e-mail list)

If it is true I would personally find it somewhat ironic because I seem to recall a Margate landlady who wrote to Sir Richard pleading with him to run, the then, run-down Dreamland park. Apparently she got a reply stating that such a venture was not within their expertise arena (or words to that effect). If it does prove to be reality I would be a little concerned by a possible case of venture capitalism happening. Let's just hope whoever runs the place in the future respects the park's historic value.

Martin
porterm

Postby porf » 28 May 2008, 18:02

Well the source seems to have now been clarified as "some employee at the park" so I'd treat as very unconfirmed!
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby porf » 29 May 2008, 06:59

Rumour now confirmed as "a load of rubbish" by the person who passed it onto the ECC list.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum