Disneyland Resort Paris

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Disneyland Resort Paris

Postby Gary » 14 Nov 2003, 23:07

..Well, I still call it EuroDisney!

The Park lies about 20 miles east of Paris. Transport is no problem.

I spent three days there with family one week before Halloween. It's the fourth time we have stayed on site and even though we have stayed in the Disneyland Hotel on a couple of occassions we all agreed that The Sequoia Lodge wins hands down for atmosphere.. and besides having to walk a little way to the park around the lake just added to it for us.

DLP can work out to be very expensive..Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show is an expensive 52 Euros per adult and 32 Euros per child but to be fair I suppose it is a dinner show. (1 Euro = 70p approx)

If you have kids, keep them away from the arcades..The machines eat 2 Euro pieces very quickly.

There's no doubt Disney do it well but I still can't fathom out why anyone would want to queue 45 minutes for a 2 min ride on Peter Pan's Flight! (I have known it be over an hour) or why there would be a need to have a fastpass system on a ride in Walt Disney Studio Park's such as "Flying Carpets Over Agrabah" - It is the equivalent to a ride on BPB's Beaver Creek Helicopters and yet without your fastpass tkt. you could be waiting in line for half an hour..still the theming is great!!

On the subject of The Studios Park I have to say that I was very impressed. Last year I went and wasn't (may have had something to do with the weather) but this year we took in all the shows..I recommend CineMagique - A tribute to the magical appeal of European and US cinema over the past hundred years.

Animagique is a great kids (and adults) show staged in a 1,100 seat theatre which features giant fluorescent puppets, ultraviolet light and special effects.

The Studio Tram Tour is..well..OK but not as good as in the 2 USA Parks.

Armageddon, SFX (once you get into the space station) is a clever - but in my opinion- an overrated visual and special effects attraction.

The Stunt Show housed in a 3,000 seat outdoor arena with cars is very spectacular but fills up quickly. Jet Skis, motorbikes, cars..they are all here complete with action replays on giant screens!

Rockn'Roller coaster had a 10 min queue but I didn't give it a try - It gives me something to go back for.

Back to the Main Park and on the subject of coasters: Thunder Mountain is without doubt the star attraction in the Park for me..It is brilliantly designed and if you are on the back, it is a truly wonderful and exhilarating ride.

I'm in the minority when I say that I don't like Space Mountain..but that's another post.

Rides apart, I took some time out to take in the attention to detail in the quieter corners of the park (A short article accompanies this on my website themagiceye)

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/themagiceye/fac1.html

Disney is not to everyone's taste and 3 days was enough..But we'll be back..when we have saved up enough cash that is!!
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum