Ocean Beach, South Shields

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Ocean Beach, South Shields

Postby Irene » 07 Sep 2008, 15:34

I remember visiting 'the shows' at South Shields in the late 50's - early 60's when I was led to believe the owners were cousins of my grandmother. I had no further info until today when, among old family photos, I found a Christmas card from Mr & Mrs Gray, Ocean Beach. Can anyone help with more info?
Irene

Re: Ocean Beach, South Shields

Postby cliffc » 21 Jan 2009, 14:00

Irene wrote:I remember visiting 'the shows' at South Shields in the late 50's - early 60's when I was led to believe the owners were cousins of my grandmother. I had no further info until today when, among old family photos, I found a Christmas card from Mr & Mrs Gray, Ocean Beach. Can anyone help with more info?

HI Irene

Well the good news is the park is still open and running well and the current owners are still investing on the site having just spent a vast sum on enlargeing the main arcade/bowling allly/cafe/bar building.

I am not sure who the current owners are but the at least the park is still with us unlike the smaller one down the coast at Seaburn that is now closed.

Cliff C
cliffc

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum