Camelot theme park goes into receivership

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Camelot theme park goes into receivership

Postby kevin » 03 Feb 2009, 18:43

kevin

Postby Gary » 03 Feb 2009, 19:06

Yes, I woke to this news on the radio this morning.. :(

Prime resorts were quoted 5 years ago on themagiceye that the park could close in 5 years..

http://www.joylandbooks.com/themagiceye/articles/dayoftheknights6.htm

Inevitable I suppose but sad all the same.

Sigh..

Gary
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Postby porterm » 10 Feb 2009, 22:29

Well, I did attempt to take advantage of a free entry ticket I had after their "Knightmare" roller coaster opened a couple of years ago. I went along as a side visit on my way up to the Pleasure beach last August with an American friend.

I was quite staggered, arriving at just before 4.30pm, that the park was actually due to close at that time for the day! (and I only really wanted to ride the coasters)

Gutted, and outraged, was quite an understatement for me that afternoon. Sadly, if they kept regular opening times like these I can only plainly see why they had problems.

I sincerely hope Knightmare can be found a good new home in another UK park (Dreamland, anyone?) Fingers crossed.

Martin
porterm

Postby mesmoland » 11 Feb 2009, 20:57

Oh NO :cry: I was going to pop in on the way to Blackpool this year.It is very close to the Pleasure beach though, this must have always been a problem.
What a shame.
Visit mesmoland on you tube "The World's First Cerebral Theme Park "
mesmoland

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum