Phil Gould !

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Phil Gould !

Postby andy1077 » 05 Mar 2009, 14:45

What happened to his photo's on the Welsh wonders bit he did ?
andy1077

Postby Gary » 05 Mar 2009, 17:39

Hi Andy

Thanks for asking.

For those readers who are not familiar with what you are referring to the photos appeared in the articles Welsh Wonders Part 1 and Welsh Wonders Part 2 - Phil Gould's fantastic images and memories of bygone Welsh parks and times- on themagiceye website.

Fear not - They are not lost.

When I gave up with themagiceye due to finance / time / hassle with Fasthosts, Nick Laister as you are probably aware kindly offered to host the site.

Thank goodness he did.

He is in the process of bringing back to life the site as it was by adding an article from the archives each month. (There is of course a lot of work involved with this and Nick, on top of all his other work, is doing a fabulous job - I'm sure you agree.)

The articles are being reintroduced to the world in alphabetical order - hence there are a few months yet before WW1 and 2 will see light of day again...But see the light of day they certainly will.

Phil's Welsh Wonders articles proved very popular and together received more comments, more feedback and more requests to use the images than any other article that appeared on themagiceye

Hope that helps and thanks for reading!

Gary

The latest article on themagiceye is a gallery of photos from the rose tinted BPB of my past :)

http://www.joylandbooks.com/themagiceye/index.htm
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Postby andy1077 » 08 Mar 2009, 13:03

Hello Gary ,

Thanks for your speedy reply :lol: , great site by the way ,brilliant news that the WW have not been forgotten ,they certainly jogged a lot of memories alright, especially Rhyl (Ocean Beach ) and Marine Lake.

Brilliant

Regards

Andy
andy1077

Postby Gary » 27 Oct 2009, 08:48

Hi Andy

themagiceye archives have finally caught up with Phil Gould's Welsh Wonders articles!

As from November, Part 1 of his memories will be up on themagiceye at Joyland.

This from the upcoming article..

Ffrith Beach in the seventies after a revamp..

Jim et al..How times have changed :(

Gary
Gary

Postby andy1077 » 30 Oct 2009, 09:09

Gary wrote:Hi Andy

themagiceye archives have finally caught up with Phil Gould's Welsh Wonders articles!

As from November, Part 1 of his memories will be up on themagiceye at Joyland.

This from the upcoming article..

Ffrith Beach in the seventies after a revamp..

Jim et al..How times have changed :(

Gary

Cheer's Gary cant wait.

I hav'nt been to Ffith Beach probably since the 70's but remember getting burns on legs on the Helter Skelter and stung by a wasp :( and having medical attention off the onsite Nurse :wink: (i was probably about 7 :lol: )

Regards

Andy
andy1077

Postby Gary » 29 Dec 2009, 19:01

Hi Andy!

Phil's "More Welsh Wonders" now back up on themagiceye :D

http://www.joylandbooks.com/themagiceye/articles/morewelshwonders.htm

And just to whet the appetite...This from the '80s..The Paratrooper at Porthcawl..

All the best to everyone!

Gary
Gary

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum