Unknown Margate ride

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Postby porterm » 18 Mar 2011, 16:24

Thanks very much Gary - I couldn't believe my eyes when I encountered this ride at Vidampark. My friend didn't ride with me and probably thought I was mad but I just had to capture and experience it.

I wonder if it's the last survivor? - guess it must be. I must also thank Vince of Vince, Charlie and Sam fame for helping me to post the image on this forum as I failed abysmally.

Martin

PS The Blackpool postcard was fascinating too with their pier Grotto ride. Seems like councils liked to spoil our fun even then.

PPS My trip last August also took me to Austria's Vienna Prater park where I rode the famous huge wooden carriaged ferris wheel; I believe Blackpool used to have one early last century as I have a nostalgic postcard of that! (don't mind saying how that ride freaked me out though as it creaked round)
porterm

Postby Graeme » 01 Apr 2011, 22:48

What a brilliant thread. I was browsing this forum and saw this and... well, this is what it's all about really, isn't it? Absolutely fascinating.

porterm wrote:Thanks very much Gary - I couldn't believe my eyes when I encountered this ride at Vidampark. My friend didn't ride with me and probably thought I was mad but I just had to capture and experience it.

Excellent! Glad you rode such a piece of the past.
Graeme

Previous

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum