Peter Pans/Adventure Island

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Peter Pans/Adventure Island

Postby Zoidstar » 09 Feb 2004, 15:17

I am trying to research the history of Peter Pans Playground/Adventure Island in Southend.

Dose anyone have a list of rides that were there, the current site is down for reworking,

its the older ride I am looking for Skylab etc:
Zoid on!
Zoidstar

Postby tash_xx » 10 Jun 2004, 17:52

Have you tryed phoning the office on 01702 443400.

the rides i remember that have been there in my lifetime include:

the skylab which went at the end of 1997
The Barracuda (which was v similar to the MaryRose- Dreamland) which i think went at the end of 1998.
The american freeway was another hit and came from Germany i think.
The swinging Pirate ship was there for years but went at the end of 2003 to be replaced by the new Ramba Zamba
There used to be a figure of 8 steel rollercaster called the space chaser which is where the mighty mini mega stands now.
Some of the longest standing rides include the American whip, the crooked house and the helter skelter (now known as the lighthouse slip) which are all still standing.
Up until the end of 2002 there was the fantasy dome.
2001 saw the arrival of 3 of the most popular rides in the park at the moment, the dragons claw, the vortex and the scorpion.

I dont know if any of this helps let me know which rides you would like to know more about and ill try and find more info on them
every day is a new magical adventure
tash_xx

Postby Barry » 15 Jun 2004, 12:42

Boy does this show my age!

The Space Chaser was my first ever coaster when i was about 4 - that's going on twenty years ago.

I am so glad to say the american whip is still there and still just as evil as ever!!!

Even worse, i remember when AI acquired the land to the east of the pier, and before that i remember it as a boating lake with a miniature railway.

Eeps i am old!
Barry

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum