Displeasure Beach Blackpool

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Displeasure Beach Blackpool

Postby mesmoland » 05 Jul 2010, 11:44

Just come back from another great holiday in Blackpool,just a quick warning ! While in the pleasure beach...be careful where you sit !
We had just bought a little bucket of chips by the Alice ride and went to sit on the seats under the flying machine.I looked in at the empty bar and the staff were starring at us,we were about to buy some drinks when a member of staff came out quote "Sorry these seats are for our customers,you clearly haven't bought anything from us,(pointing to the chips we had just bought in the pleasure beach) so could you move" I said how absolutely ridiculous but was told the tone of the Ice café would be lowered if people sat around with buckets of chips ! So when one of my friends came back with our pints (we bought Guinness from the oyster bar) we had to move there.While we were there more people were sent away from the ice café and bought from the oyster bar instead.How am I meant to know who owns what ! I thought naively,that I could buy my food and sit where I like,fair enough not to walk around with alcohol,but sitting down to eat chips this is ridiculous !
Trauma towers closed
Noah's Ark closed
Space invader closed
Gold mine closed
Rollercoaster closed
The whole park closed if they don't care for us customers more.
Last edited by mesmoland on 14 Jul 2010, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
Visit mesmoland on you tube "The World's First Cerebral Theme Park "
mesmoland

Postby Gary » 06 Jul 2010, 08:12

I'm speechless really..If what you say is true (and I certainly have no reason to doubt you at all) then I am dumbfounded.

I'll always try to defend the place to the hilt but talk about confusing the public! :shock:

Mesmoland, I reckon you need to write to or email the managers of the park just for clarity. I would have been very angry in your position.

Forget the bucket of chips, what this particular person actually said to you has - for me anyway - greatly lowered the tone of the place.

..Sheesh! :?
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Postby mesmoland » 06 Jul 2010, 09:27

I've been going there for over 30 years now,and I really don't like to post things like this believe me.But customer care is their bread and butter. I had some very interesting talks with members of staff this year,concerning this and many other things,apparently Amanda wants these areas to be higher class areas,sometimes I wonder if she knows it's a seaside funpark at all.This is as far as I'm going to go with this,as I feel better already.
mesmoland

Postby StoneRoad » 07 Jul 2010, 19:12

Sheeeesh indeed,

Somone send that member of staff for some extra training! (the old welcome host scheme modules for customer care might be a good place to start!)

What is more, it is not as if the place was short of seats for customers!! you say it was empty! If it wasn't then perhaps she had a point..

If there were no notices saying basically that the seats outside were for their own customers only (and/or they were fenced off) then what mesmoland has reported stinks ......
More so if the area is set up as a "food court" type zone.

Thanks for the warning, if enough people keep clear that ice cafe will soon be out of business.....
Saluton. mi estas fervojistino, kaj vi?

visit http://www.ipernity.com/doc/312383/album
to see what has been done! Perhaps we can do something for you?
StoneRoad

Postby mesmoland » 13 Jul 2010, 20:27

Ops slight mistake Ice café is called Ice Lounge,but don't lounge around in there or you will get the icy treatment.
mesmoland

Postby kevinashe » 31 Aug 2010, 20:10

i had a similar issue with a member of staff in the arena in 2008.I paid for upgraded tickets so my daughter who was 4 would have a good seat,when we went in we were directed to an area by a member of staff and sat down.another member of staff who had been talking came over and demanded to see our tickets.My mother in law who was with us got quite angry and said it made us feel like we were trying to get better seats for nothing,she replied when she got home but heard nothing.
kevinashe

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum