Le Blog 4 / 10: Captain EO

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Le Blog 4 / 10: Captain EO

Postby Gary » 21 Feb 2011, 22:15

And there was I turning a corner near The Pizza Planet Restaurant thinking I would be entering the theatre to watch the 4D film "Honey I shrunk the Audience" when I remembered that Disney had brought back Michael Jackson's Captain EO 3D film.

The Yesterland website at http://www.yesterland.com/eo.html sums up the 3D film Captain EO (the same show but at The Magic Eye Theatre in California) as follows:

"..The doors open. Please move all the way to the end of a row and take a seat. You may put on your 3-D glasses now. (If you wear eyeglasses, don’t worry; the 3-D glasses fit right over them.) If you don’t like really loud music and noises, this also might be a good time to put some cotton in your ears.

Sit back and watch Captain EO and this faithful, if unusual, crew—Hooter, Fuzzball, the Geex, Major Domo, and Minor Domo—as they prepare to land their little spaceship on an oppressed planet. Where’s landing beacon? Don’t trip any alarms... Oops. The crew tripped the alarm. Oh no! There’s an enemy patrol ship. Still no landing beacon? How about a map? Hooter ate the map?

Crash! Too late—but there’s the landing beacon.

Oh, oh... Captain EO and his crew have been captured, taken to the wicked Supreme Leader (played by Anjelica Huston), and sentenced. “Justice” is swift and severe. Captain EO accepts his sentence, one hundred years of torture, with grace. He tells the Supreme Leader that he has brought her a gift, which she will see—and hear.

The music begins, and the battle begins. Lasers fire above your head. What is happening to the Supreme Leader’s troops? The power of music is transforming them. Look! Even the awful Supreme Leader is now a beautiful queen, and the planet looks great..."

My thoughts?

It was very 80s and it hurt my eyes. :)
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum