Shipley Glen Photos May 04

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Shipley Glen Photos May 04

Postby Stu Simms » 08 Jun 2004, 19:03

Hey,
I visited Shipley Glen on Sunday 30th May (2004) with the intention of riding the Aerial Glide

however to my dissapointment the Aerial Glide has been fenced off and from the overgrown vegitation around the ride's route it seems it has been this way for a while.

the ride has a few "caution unsafe structure" signs placed on it, it seems like somebody is waiting for it to fall down so they can sell the land on for development to be honest.

although i certainly enjoyed my visit to shipley glen the tramway is an excellent attraction a very enjoyable experience,

i have uploaded some of the photos from the day onto my website which can be found here. Edit 14/08/05: Link doesn't work anymore
Last edited by Stu Simms on 14 Aug 2005, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.
Stu Simms

Postby Graeme » 09 Jun 2004, 17:15

Good photos, Stu. The captions especially gave me a good laugh! :lol:
Graeme

Postby Stu Simms » 14 Aug 2005, 00:18

Following the sad news that the Shipley Glen Pleasure Grounds are to close, i decided i should make an effort to get my photos of the park back online,

30th May 2004

9th October 2004

I apologise that the content isn't as rich as the first time i published it, as i'm pushed for time at the moment, however the photographs are there again which is the important thing, hopefully i'll get a spare afternoon to polish it a bit more some time soon!
Stu Simms

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum