Dreamland Rides

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Dreamland Rides

Postby Nkay11 » 26 Jun 2004, 15:05

Does Anybody Know What Rides Are Going To Be Open At Dreamland On 3rd july Are There Going To Be Any New Rides There. I Would Be Thankful If A nybody Could Tell Me. :D
Nkay11

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 04 Jul 2004, 14:54

I posted this on the Dreamland forum yesterday and have copied it here.

We`ve just got back from our first trip of the year to Dreamland, so here`s some info.

The Scenic Railway is running and currently costs 2 tokens per ride (Tokens are again 50p each but buying a £20 bag gives you 10 free tokens)

From last year, the Ghost Train, Adult Dodgems, Wild Mouse, Rotor and Gallopers are still there. The Sombrero ride was there but not running. There was a three storey Funhouse (articulated lorry-based) which was new.

The kiddie Dodgems have gone but there is a new kiddie Roller Coaster called "Dragon"(again, articulated lorry-based) , and a couple of other small rides for children.

The Scenic Railway was running reasonably well but felt a little tight. One improvement this year is that the kiosks which the train passes immediately upon leaving the station have been removed, these were always an eyesore in my opinion.

Unfortunately, it is undeniable that the park is in a very sorry and shabby state, and we do hope that an operator with a long term interest is found soon.

Anyway, although we won`t be there next weekend, we expect to be riding the Scenic at least one day a week for the rest of the season, so we hope to see some of you there this year

Vince, Charlie and Sam
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby Nkay11 » 04 Jul 2004, 15:49

will they be putting in any new rides like the water chute or the looping star
Nkay11

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 04 Jul 2004, 15:57

Not as far as I know. The future of the park is still far from certain, and is only planned to be open for this season so it is unlikely that any permanent rides will be installed. The rides which are new for this year are all portable rides as used on travelling fairs.

The best place to check for latest news is the www.savedreamland.co.uk website which is normally very quick to post news but, as I said, there seems to be no fixed plan one way or the other about the park`s future.

For my money, a ride on the Scenic Railway alone is worth the trip to Margate

Vince
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby AJ » 04 Jul 2004, 22:49

Can't argue with you there!!! Whats a 200 mile round journey for a few goes on the Scenic!!!!! Couldn't get down this Saturday but had a feeling you three would be there! Hopefully get down to the Scenic on the 17th I can't wait!!!!
AJ

Postby Nkay11 » 05 Jul 2004, 08:47

thanks for your help
Nkay11

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 18 Jul 2004, 18:42

I have now posted a full list of rides on the Save Dreamland forum.

We are still fighting tooth and claw to save Dreamland and its 84-year-old Scenic Railway.

For further information, visit www.savedreamland.co.uk

Vince
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Dreamland rocks

Postby x_rammstein_x » 31 Aug 2004, 21:15

Hey, I just wanna say, Dreamland is the best theme park in my mind. Coz it does suit everyone. Its got tame rides compared to Thorpe Park etc which is good, coz if people dont like huge rollercoasters (like me), but more ground based rides then it is a better place to go. Also it doesnt cost a fortune to get into, and there aren't 3 hour long queues for rides that last 30 seconds.

So like everyone else who is trying to save this place, i will be sad if it closes coz it is only half hour train ride away from where i live instead of about 3 hours away like Chessington etc. So lets hope someone buys it asap, if i had won the lottery i would have bought it like i'm sure many other people would have done. And when someone does buy it they will bring back al the old rides and many more. Especially the Waltzers which were prolly burnt down by some stupid, loser chavs who have nothing better to do with their time. :evil:
x_rammstein_x

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum