Flambards For Sale

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Flambards For Sale

Postby Gary » 05 May 2013, 11:12

"..One of Cornwall's largest tourist attractions has been put up for sale for the first time in almost 40 years.

Flambards in Helston has been run by the Kingsford-Hale family since it opened in 1976.

Originally called the Cornwall Aero Park, the attraction grew into 27 acres of rides, museums and all-weather facilities.

James Hale, the managing director of Flambards, said it was "a difficult decision to make."

Mr Hale said despite the current austerity Flambards had seen an increase in visitor numbers during 2012.

Mr Hale said: "From the family's point of view, it feels like the right time.

"It was a very difficult decision to come too. It's been part of our lives for so many years.

"I think Flambards is very much a part of Cornwall. I hope that it will continue for many years."

Tim Smart, from agents Stratton Creber Commercial, said: "It's one of the major attractions in Cornwall. It is iconic. I am very confident we can sell it.

"There's plenty of land for expansion there. There's lots of things a buyer could do to make it a 'stay-park'."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-22378953
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum