BPB Rainbow

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

BPB Rainbow

Postby clare » 08 Aug 2004, 17:54

Hi Everyone

I am new the board so hi! I am wondering if anyone remembers riding the Rainbow at BPB. I went with my family in the early 90's and remember riding it, but I believed shortly afterwards it was moved.

Does anyone know where it was moved - I believe it was possibly abroad! I have a really crappy picture that was taken when I visited, but it is really bad and hard to make out it is a pic of me on the Rainbow. It would be really nice if anyone could help me with this, I am really interested to see what happened to this beautiful ride.

Thanks ever so much

Clare
clare

BPB RAINBOW

Postby marc » 09 Aug 2004, 19:56

HANDS IN THE AIR !!!!!!!!!!!!! HI I BELIVE THE RIDE WENT TO SOUTHPORT FOR A SEASON .NOT SURE WERE IT WENT AFTER THAT. SAFE AND SOUND BACK ON THE GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
marc

Postby Martin » 25 Apr 2005, 22:25

Think its the one which was acquired about 10 years ago by Shufflebottom's. Opened two years at Clarence Pier, Southsea before being traded in to Emmett's for a new Miami. I believe they exported it.
Martin

Postby porterm » 03 May 2005, 23:24

Hi all,

Yes, I remember seeing the Rainbow ride at Pleasureland, Southport on my first visit there in the distant past, 1993. I seem to remember it was practically opposite the Cyclone wooden coaster. I revisited the park for the first time since 1993 last year and couldn't believe all the improvements to the whole promenade, and area in general. I don't really rate the park as a real personal favourite (most are abroad for me), but it was a vast improvement on my inaugural trip there. However, I noticed a former disused coaster-type ride near the seafront to the right of Pleasureland seemed to have been lost to the new development. (It didn't seem to be operational before anyway, and did look a bit of an eyesore I guess) - I wasn't too much of a coaster fan back in 1993 and never even plucked up the courage to ride the Cyclone. Luckily, I rapidly corrected this tragic error last April, along with the infamous Tramatiser!

Martin

PS The real beautiful ride loss for me though at BPB was first viewing the Rainbow, realising what classic coaster had been lost before it in that space, the wonderful Virginia Reel. A real sad loss for me; nothing can replace that for me, and definitely not that existing building. Luckily I got to ride it, if only once in its final year, 1982. RIP Reely.
porterm

Postby n201081 » 03 Aug 2005, 23:46

this ride was lost after the 1990 season to make way for peter jays superdome circus,in a giant dome structure.today the superdome has been renamed the globe and is home to eclipse the circus musical
n201081

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum