flamingo land

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

flamingo land

Postby marc » 13 Aug 2004, 18:52

just read this weeks worlds fair
wots going on at flamingo land as most of the top rides r 4 sale?
would like to know of any news !!!!!!!!safe and sound back on the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!
marc

Postby iain » 13 Aug 2004, 21:04

Whoever is running the show there must be off their heads! Do they honestly believe Lost River Rides will make up for losing a classic coaster like Magnum Force? I will be gutted if this coaster is lost to the area. It seems crazy as well that the worst coaster at the park, The Corkscrew, is not listed for sale but all the others are. What is going on...is someone trying to finish the park off? They certainly seem to be going the right way about it!

Disgusted!

Iain
iain

Postby vince69619 » 14 Aug 2004, 21:05

Check the place is not owned by anyone called Godden.

Vince (2)
vince69619

Flamingo Land

Postby karl » 15 Aug 2004, 21:26

I dont know wots going on at Flamingo Land but if its a major park re-development it could be just wot the park needs hopefully it will be more themed and modern
karl

Re; Flamingo land

Postby baines_paul » 08 Oct 2004, 16:15

I agree that the lost river ride in no way makes up for losing the classic rollercoaster Magnum Force. However Gordan Gibb the owner is on record saying that either selling the Bullet or Magnum force is essental to fund the construction of a megaphobia sized woodie in 2006 (rumored to be from S&S). Judging by the preposed site where the circus is now it will be quite compact.

If they kept Magnum Force they would have to re-locate it as the ride is disturbing the animals. I also understand that the thunder mountain rollercoaster is moving to Flamingo land's sister park pleasure Island for 2005. The park is replacing this ride with a 60ft Disc-o ride. This does leave FL fairly berefit of coasters for a season having only Corkscrew, Wild Mouse, and possibly the Bullet, but this is probably a price worth paying if we get a good woodie.

Its worth remebering that there is still a lot of work to be done to the lost river ride themeing wise and the animal exhibits are still not compleat. The current thinking is that they are going to put the lion exhibit in the centre of the river ride.

All in all FL is developing into a intresting little park ;-)
baines_paul

Postby marc » 08 Oct 2004, 16:48

great news , about time we had a new woodie.
:) :D :D :D :)
HANDS IN THE AIR!!!
"HACKS"
FELIXSTOWE`S NUMBER "1" ENTHUSIAST
Hacks Pix
www.funfairworld.co.uk
marc

Postby iain » 08 Oct 2004, 21:08

A woodie is great news but not at the expense of Magnum Force, one of the all time classic coasters designed by a master. Flamingo Land will regret the decision if they do indeed get a buyer for it.

I would have thought getting rid of the Bullet and relocating Magnum Force within the park was a much better option but all parks should, if possible, be trying to protect all their classic coasters. It's not as if they are short of land!

Their decision....I only hope for their sakes they know what they are doing.

Iain
iain

Postby n201081 » 03 Aug 2005, 23:53

does anyone know what has happened to flamingolands circus,which is not featured at the park this year
n201081

Postby +*+TIA+*+ » 02 Apr 2006, 16:17

i've been going to flamingo land for twelve years straight now and every year i go it seems to be getting taken over by big rides and it is sort of loosing its themes !!!!!! meen i love the rides just as much as the next kid but come on its a bit over the top. i also feel sorry for the anmals having to live with all that noise (extreme headaches or what !) i love flamingoland so much i dont want it to loose its touch and whats the crack with them selling all their rides :?: :cry: :| :cry: [/code]
hia my name is tia n i do alot of sports acrobatics im 13 yrs old n a lyk 2 have fun thats about it frm me !
+*+TIA+*+

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum