Antique Amusement Magazine

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Antique Amusement Magazine

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 06 Nov 2004, 19:46

Does anyone know if AAM is still going? I thought I was subscribed, but I haven't received a copy for ages.

Vince
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby porf » 07 Nov 2004, 18:01

I lapsed my subscription a while back so can't say for sure but the website at http://www.aamag.co.uk looks like it's still up and running. Could try contacting Steve Hunt via the website to confirm your subscription end date.

I seem to remember the expiry date of the subscription being on the address label of the envelope if you've got any of those knocking around, and that there was an insert in the last issue of your subscription.

Cheers

Paul.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 10 Nov 2004, 23:06

Thanks Paul!

I received a mailing from AAM today and Steve has explained that the pier is keeping him a little busy at the moment but that AAM is still up and running. We might have to wait a while until he can get a magazine out, which is a shame, but understandable.

Also in the mailing were details of an auction this month in Cambridgeshire of slot machines and similar lots. Will anyone else be there? I bought a lovely '50s Allwin two weeks ago, which immediately doubled the size of my slot-machine collection, and am hoping to buy another machine soon.

Eventually, I hope to acquire enough so that when I buy Dreamland ( :roll: :roll: :roll: ), I've got enough machines to open a penny arcade like the one at Wookey Hole.

Vince
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby porf » 12 Nov 2004, 17:47

I tend to go to most of these auctions, currently pretty likely we'll be there this time. Probably not planning to actually buy much at the moment but you never know what's going to turn up.

Having visited the pier earlier this year on a mini tour of Wales I can well see why Steve's a bit busy :!:
He took time out to show us around the ballroom and he's really got his work cut out there. It is however such a stunning structure and will be great to see it restored.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby porf » 22 Nov 2004, 16:10

The auction catalogue is now online at http://www.aamag.co.uk for this weekends auction.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum