4 Loopy Dreamland-type Questions

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

4 Loopy Dreamland-type Questions

Postby Gary » 08 Jan 2006, 22:10

'tis Sunday night and the last can of Carlsberg is interacting with the leftovers of the Christmas wine inside of my brain..

4 Questions-

1) Was Looping Star at Dreamland Margate the same coaster as the defunct Tower of Terror at Camelot? (I'm sure this is a yes..)

2) Re: Camelot's Gauntlet coaster - Was this at Dreamland too under the name of The Loop?

3) Circa '85 I rode a looping coaster situated in the car park of Pleasureland Southport..was this the original Dreamland Looping Star?

4) Am I going loopy or did I ride a ' temporary and very rough' Wild Mouse ride situated adjacent to Pleasureland Southport and the now defunct Log Runner ride circa '85? (Are there any pics of this Wild Mouse anywhere or did I just dream this?)

Forever old, :roll:

Gary
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Re: 4 Loopy Dreamland-type Questions

Postby Nick » 09 Jan 2006, 09:10

Gary wrote:'tis Sunday night and the last can of Carlsberg is interacting with the leftovers of the Christmas wine inside of my brain..

4 Questions-

1) Was Looping Star at Dreamland Margate the same coaster as the defunct Tower of Terror at Camelot? (I'm sure this is a yes..)

2) Re: Camelot's Gauntlet coaster - Was this at Dreamland too under the name of The Loop?

3) Circa '85 I rode a looping coaster situated in the car park of Pleasureland Southport..was this the original Dreamland Looping Star?

4) Am I going loopy or did I ride a ' temporary and very rough' Wild Mouse ride situated adjacent to Pleasureland Southport and the now defunct Log Runner ride circa '85? (Are there any pics of this Wild Mouse anywhere or did I just dream this?)

Forever old, :roll:

Gary

1. The Tower of Terror was not the same type of coaster as the original Dreamland Looping Star, although it was manufactured by the same company. However, this Camelot ride did move to Dreamland in 2001 and 2002.

2. The Gauntlet was previously at Dreamland as The Loop.

3. The Southport Looping Star was not the same coaster as the Dreamland Looping Star. Both operated in the UK at the same time.

4. A very rough Wild Mouse did exist in the Pleasureland Slides park. There is a picture of it in the book Pleasureland Memories: http://www.joylandbooks.com/books_new/p ... mories.htm

Nick
Nick
Site Admin

Postby marc » 09 Jan 2006, 19:00

The southport Mad Mouse was brought from Mannings at Felixstowe.
has any one any info on the Mouse history .
Cheers Marc
HANDS IN THE AIR!!!
"HACKS"
FELIXSTOWE`S NUMBER "1" ENTHUSIAST
Hacks Pix
www.funfairworld.co.uk
marc

Re: 4 Loopy Dreamland-type Questions

Postby Gary » 10 Jan 2006, 17:19

Nick wrote:4. A very rough Wild Mouse did exist in the Pleasureland Slides park. There is a picture of it in the book Pleasureland Memories: http://www.joylandbooks.com/books_new/p ... mories.htm
Nick

:oops: Now I KNOW I'm going loopy..I've read that excellent book from cover to cover at least 3 times..
Gary

Postby Gary » 18 Jan 2006, 18:22

Sorry Marc, no history on the Southport Mouse but I can't let this post die without this picture..

It used to be The Loop at Dreamland..Today it's The Gauntlet at Camelot..

http://www.themagiceye.co.uk
Gary

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum