Oakwood Theme Park- Pembrokeshire

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Oakwood Theme Park- Pembrokeshire

Postby michael » 27 Jun 2003, 17:05

Has anyone visited this park in Pembrokeshire recently ?

They have a new water ride called Hydra or Hydro. Opened last year I think. Built in a similar way to Oblivion at Alton Towers but as a water ride !! A really steep incline in a large boat and then a sheer drop into water

You get totally soaked through but a great ride. Excellent wooden coaster here as well - Megafobia. Only trouble with this park is that there isnt actually that many rides but they seem to be adding a few each year. Also not good if the weathers bad as there isnt much undercover and a lot of the rides are water rides. But well worth the visit if your in that area. In a really nice setting as well deep in the countryside
michael

Postby Nick » 27 Jun 2003, 21:25

They don't have many rides, but they do choose their rides very carefully. Megafobia and Hydro are both pretty much the best of their type in the UK (i.e. wooden coaster and outdoor water ride respectively). Voodoo Mansion is a good dark ride, although I haven't done it since its makeover, and there is another fun dark ride aimed at the kids themed around rabbits.

All round, a pretty good park, but I agree that there isn't much to do on a rainy day.
Nick
Site Admin

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum