Exclusive: New Eurofighter Coaster for Adventure Island

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Exclusive: New Eurofighter Coaster for Adventure Island

Postby Nick » 18 May 2006, 13:06

Adventure Island will be opening a Gerstlauer Eurofighter roller coaster for the 2007 season, similar to that which opened this year at Oakwood. Park owner Philip Miller shook hands on the deal this lunchtime.

The Eurofighter will replace Adventure Island's Log Flume, and will be the park's biggest roller coaster. It will feature a vertical lift hill and 97 degree first drop.
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
The Home of Amusement Park Books
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Neil » 19 May 2006, 15:10

Thanks for that. It's shame that there won't be a decent water ride (as from whenever it closes), but I guess this will be a bigger crowd puller and a good complment for the Dragon's Claw that has been the park's only white knuckle ride for however many years too long.
Neil

Postby Graeme » 19 May 2006, 18:01

Amazing news, Nick! If Philip Miller used a consultant for this, I bet I know which one! ;)

I'm surprised they're getting rid of the Log Flume, but not disappointed. That's not the sort of thing I want to ride at a seaside amusement park, personally.

This park has always needed an adult coaster, and I think the Euro Fighter is a good choice. The compact models look about the most effective compact coasters about at the moment. I hope it's a 470 model!
Graeme

Postby mattchewmann » 27 May 2006, 23:50

i personally want an adult rollercoaster there but couldnt they get rid of a different ride cause i think that the log flume must rake in the right amount of money as the on ride photo ect. are there any plans for the raging river to return if not wonder if mr miller would be kind enough to give it to dreamland (margate) for the 2/3yrs lease dreamland has left
mattchewmann

Postby MarkCF » 11 Jun 2006, 16:50

Amen to the above. That would be fantastic!

I'm still in a state of shock about this news though. I honestly thought that planning permission would have been declined. Especially since they declined permission when AI went for the Gerstlauer BobSled coaster!

This is gonna be a real crowd puller for AI, even if it does mean it is going to attract more of the "rebellious" teens from the area.

I just hope they have a plan to improve parking in the area to cope!

(I'll certainly be abusing my parents house as accomodation for it's opening!)
MarkCF

Postby mattchewmann » 11 Sep 2006, 18:20

Does anyone know of any construction or destruction for the new rollercoaster, because places like thorpe park chessington take several months to erect rollercoasters ect.
mattchewmann

Postby furie » 15 Sep 2006, 13:23

This is Gerstlaur's "Standard" model (well, this is the first to be realised, with on eother opening next year), but it's essentially just and off-the-shelf coaster.

This means that it requires no real land work, beyond site clearing and flattening. So the construction should be veyr fast. The ride has already been constructed and tested at Gerstlaur's factory, so there's less need for as much work onsite.

As such, Adventure Island have their fingers crossed for a Christmas opening.

This ride is amazing. Not so long ago they were turned down planning for a Gerstlaur "Bobsleigh" coaster (the Eurofighter's baby brother), yet within months, there's a full blown Eurofighter under construction. Shows what a little bit of money and effort can do for your seaside business :)
Furie and the lop-eared lagomorphs of Lucifer
Failed to Save the Cyclone :(
furie

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum