Thorpe parks future

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Thorpe parks future

Postby mattchewmann » 26 Jun 2006, 12:15

Does anyone know of any 2007 plans for thorpe park, whether they are considering any new rides and any other types of infomation will be grateful
mattchewmann

Postby MarkCF » 28 Jun 2006, 10:59

Hey matthew. There isn't a great deal going on. Thorpe Park has recently applied for planning permission for the Flying Fish (Mack, powered coaster) to return to the park in 2007.

There is also a lot of debate about the parks next BIG attraction which was originally planned for 2008 and what it will be. the long Term development plan that the park had drawn up a few years ago said that a coaster of similar scale to Nemesis Inferno would open at the park in 2008 although current rumour and the such like suggests that this is more likely to be 2009. so far people across various forums seem to debating the possibility of another B&M coaster, such as a flying coaster or a floorless but to be honest, it is all conjecture at the moment...
MarkCF

Postby mattchewmann » 28 Jun 2006, 20:40

Ok thanks for your help, flying fish was an ok ride not smething that i'd cue up for ages for though i recently heard something about a flat ride but who knows i suppoe ill just have to wait and see
mattchewmann

Postby mattchewmann » 11 Jul 2006, 13:37

Does anyone know whether, what i have heard is true
i have heard that stealth has been taking down or start deconstruction and will be getting replaced can anyone confirm this or is it just rumours.
mattchewmann

Postby stuart » 12 Jul 2006, 23:47

its just rumours.

the site which i saw the rumour on had a picture of the top hat being removed. that was posted last week and the top hat was most definately in position on sunday when i was at the park. there was an incident which resulted in a rollback and a break fin being damaged i believe but the official line from the park is that they are waiting for parts from Intamin.

you'd kinda think after spending that amount of money on a coaster they would keep all possible spare parts in stock to minimise down time.
stuart

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum