Ramsgate Amusement Park

Joyland Books is the home of themagiceye, the world's best loved amusement park history website. Discuss amusement parks past and present in themagiceye's very own forum.

Moderator: dave771

Ramsgate Amusement Park

Postby Kevin Scrivens » 14 Sep 2006, 21:49

How long have there been amusements at Ramsgate, and was there any connection with the amusement park at Southend. I thnk there was a company called Thanet Amusements, but do not know what they controlled. I recently bought a photograph postally used in 1948, but which I believe was atken pre war of ramsgate showing an Ark, Dodgems, Moonrocket, Big Wheel, and what appears to be an early Mont Blanc. I believe the ark was owned by Charlie Shaw, and was later sold to John Farrar, and I think the Mont Blanc is one that was owned by Jack Proctor. Was there a policy of letting the sites to travelling showmen. Earlier in the 30's James Monte Williams Scenic was moved to Ramsgate from Southend after it had ceased travelling.

Kevin Scrivens

Postby lutonlad » 15 Sep 2006, 10:02

Did you buy this on ebay last week? i was bidding against 1 and im sure it was probarbly you.

The amusement park dissapeared quite a few years ago, and then the arcades closed down, which was a listed building, but a mysterious fire forced its demolition. The whole site is now flattened and boarded up awaiting future development, which i persaonally can't see happening.
Webhosting, webdesign and more check me out at www.lutonwebs.co.uk Or have some fun in our free online arcade www.goldarcade.co.uk
lutonlad

Postby Neil » 15 Sep 2006, 11:08

Well someone on here keeps outbidding me on Ebay.
Grrrr
Neil Wilson
Neil

Return to themagiceye: Amusement Parks Forum