Deleted posts on other sites

What is happening at your local tober? Who has the best waltzer? What new rides have visited your area? This is the place to post your fairground messages.

Moderator: dave771

Deleted posts on other sites

Postby Strongbow55 » 24 Jun 2007, 02:26

there was quite a good post on another enthusiast site today which was quickly deleted god knows why It was discussing the facts regarding the chinese government confiscating showmens rides this is a major topic
as are accidents and should be readily available to talk about
unfortunately the enthusiasts site is more concerned with schoolboys tittle tattle and picture exchanges rather than debate serious issues
does anyone care to enlighten us about the chinese confiscations here?
Strongbow55

Postby EAS » 24 Jun 2007, 10:22

I totally agree about rather too many of the 'enthusiasts' sites - gossip, speculation, silly rumour and schoolboy level of moderation means sensible discussion of serious issues becomes impossible.

I don't know about what is happening in China but would be interested to know more...
EAS

Postby Strongbow55 » 25 Jun 2007, 01:00

EAS wrote:I totally agree about rather too many of the 'enthusiasts' sites - gossip, speculation, silly rumour and schoolboy level of moderation means sensible discussion of serious issues becomes impossible.

I don't know about what is happening in China but would be interested to know more...

likewise of course no one wants to mention peoples names however there were some machines for sale in china a few months ago some from the north east
It would be sad if we lost machines such as the top buzz 2 if indeed that is one of them
there may be something we can to to help if we knew which machines
were at risk
the showmen affected have my heartfelt sympathies and there must be something we can do
:(
im going to ask some of my friends on the moor on monday as I am making my annual pilgramage back home to Newcastle to see the showmen I only see once a year
prepared for the mud too LOL
Strongbow55

Postby EAS » 25 Jun 2007, 06:54

Well given the weather in the north over the past couple of weeks it's going to be about knee deep...
EAS

Postby furie » 25 Jun 2007, 10:51

Strongbow, can you give any further details? The site, what's going on and the like?

I have a friend over in Korea, which although a fair distance away, he still keeps up with lots of the news over in Asia (and has visited a few Chinese parks).
Furie and the lop-eared lagomorphs of Lucifer
Failed to Save the Cyclone :(
furie

Postby Strongbow55 » 27 Jun 2007, 18:23

furie wrote:Strongbow, can you give any further details? The site, what's going on and the like?

I have a friend over in Korea, which although a fair distance away, he still keeps up with lots of the news over in Asia (and has visited a few Chinese parks).

I did find speak to people regarding this and the common opinion was that the chinese government intend to auction these machines
that would indeed be sad.
however they are imo just more rumors no one has anything concrete as yet
Strongbow55

Postby Strongbow55 » 27 Jun 2007, 18:30

EAS wrote:Well given the weather in the north over the past couple of weeks it's going to be about knee deep...

took us 9 hrs to get there LOL
were booked on the 11am train from kings cross however the 11am was only going to peterborough because of the flooding
we had to go via euston to birmingham then to carlisle then over to newcastle arrived in newcastle at 8.30pm
straight to the mudbath with our wellies :D everything shut
next day ground was drying out nicely however the log flume on the back row developed a leak and the water from it flooded the main gate not helping much the chippings laid to help soak up the rain and mud rose making it look like the earth was moving
an old friend of mine had been unlucky in the draw to have 3 hoopla positions very near the flume and it was a quagmire
still plenty people on the ground and some machines were riding well
tonight onwards are always the best and newcastle folks wont be stopped by a little mud :wink:
the council closing the main carpark on the moor have helped numbers decrease though
Strongbow55

Postby Strongbow55 » 28 Jun 2007, 01:45

furie wrote:Strongbow, can you give any further details? The site, what's going on and the like?

If you ask any showman on a northern ground the question about china everyone will give you the same name there is no secret
but you yourself have to ask the question and get the answer face to face
its similar to when everyone wanted to know my business I just tell them what they need to hear and sometimes lead them astray
the china issue is a problem as If we knew that the owners needed help via pettitions etc and even lobby parliament i am sure most enthusiasts and supporters would do so
but we dont know that the showmen need our interference
so until we hear from them that they need help then we are sworn to silence
the chinese are the best copiers in the universe so I would imagine if they could copy a machine we would get cheap imports
but as I said if the showmen needed our help I hope they would yell
and there would be thousands of people ready to suport them
from here and a more conservative forum :wink:
where these things cant be talked about :D
Strongbow55

Postby EAS » 28 Jun 2007, 08:29

we had to go via euston to birmingham then to carlisle then over to newcastle arrived in newcastle at 8.30pm

The you passed within 50 yards of us!
EAS

Postby Octopus » 07 Jul 2007, 09:09

There has been some machines conficated that travel round my neck of the woods and as far as im aware they wont be getting them back anytime soon i do know the machines that have been taken but im not sure if i should say here.
B Cole And Sons
Octopus

Postby Strongbow55 » 08 Jul 2007, 02:11

Octopus wrote:There has been some machines conficated that travel round my neck of the woods and as far as im aware they wont be getting them back anytime soon i do know the machines that have been taken but im not sure if i should say here.

probably best not to
but its a shame that this happens to people trying to bring enjoyment to many overseas
my personal opinion is that they will be copied and imported cheap
but thats only my opinion
:wink:
Strongbow55

Postby Octopus » 08 Jul 2007, 11:01

Probably right Steve as they are the no1s for fakes
B Cole And Sons
Octopus

Postby Killa » 11 Jul 2007, 22:13

yes a very sticky subject over on a certain site, an in general. i havent seen my mate now for nearly 8 months because of this situation, and he is right in the centre of it. i was supposed to be out there for some of the duration so was alarmed when i got the first whiff of news much earlier in the year. what i do know is that if there was anyone who can overcome the situation it is the person/persons in question.
You can't beat that top buzz feeling!

www.ffun.co.uk
Killa

Return to Travelling Fairs Forum