Spare a thought

What is happening at your local tober? Who has the best waltzer? What new rides have visited your area? This is the place to post your fairground messages.

Moderator: dave771

Spare a thought

Postby Strongbow55 » 01 Jul 2007, 00:25

The showmen at newcastle have had a hell of a week but in our game its like that one week mud the next week sunshine
We need to take time to think about our yorkshire showfolk and hope they were spared the floods and the damage
mother nature is cruel
and my heart and prayers are with the yorkshire folks at this time :(
even here in kent I pulled on with a brand new juvenille collected yesterday from the factory
only to be pulled off by a tractor today as in 2 hrs my lorry was bogged down after 2 hrs of torrential rain I had put the lorry on boards as i presumed we would get some rain I didnt expect the amount we got in 3 hrs
I took 6 quid all day but I will live to see another day :D that will teach me to buy brand new LOL
the best funfair forum by far is
http://www.fun-fairs.co.uk/
pay them a visit
Strongbow55

Postby EAS » 01 Jul 2007, 13:36

I have to say, it has always been a bit of a Geordie joke that Hoppings week means rain... however, in my teen years I must admit I liked the weeks when it was fine, somehow going out to 'pull' wasn't the same in yer wellies...
EAS

Return to Travelling Fairs Forum