The Ghost Train at Travelling Fairs!

What is happening at your local tober? Who has the best waltzer? What new rides have visited your area? This is the place to post your fairground messages.

Moderator: dave771

The Ghost Train at Travelling Fairs!

Postby adethestokie » 13 Jul 2007, 21:48

Didnt you just love the Ghost Train at those travelling fairs?

The painted skeletons on the wall, the visible string hanging down.

Then one of the fairground workers would be hiding in there, and grab you as you turned the corner.

Great fun, and some that I have been on, you could actually see the outside through the cracks in the structure.. brilliant.

Although this isnt a Travelling fair as such, although I think they pack it up?, but Rhyls Ocean Beach as a Ghost Train, me and a mate went on it the other week.. how sad, two 42 yr olds on a kids Train.. well I just wanted to see if anything had altered since I took my kids on a few yrs ago.. answer.. of course not, its exactly the same.. infact the exhibits are that old, they have rotted, adding to the authentisity.. the faces on the family that were waiting for the next ride was priceless as we appeared through the swing doors at the end of the ride.
adethestokie

Re: The Ghost Train at Travelling Fairs!

Postby Strongbow55 » 16 Jul 2007, 17:09

adethestokie wrote:Didnt you just love the Ghost Train at those travelling fairs?

The painted skeletons on the wall, the visible string hanging down.

Then one of the fairground workers would be hiding in there, and grab you as you turned the corner.

Great fun, and some that I have been on, you could actually see the outside through the cracks in the structure.. brilliant.

Although this isnt a Travelling fair as such, although I think they pack it up?, but Rhyls Ocean Beach as a Ghost Train, me and a mate went on it the other week.. how sad, two 42 yr olds on a kids Train.. well I just wanted to see if anything had altered since I took my kids on a few yrs ago.. answer.. of course not, its exactly the same.. infact the exhibits are that old, they have rotted, adding to the authentisity.. the faces on the family that were waiting for the next ride was priceless as we appeared through the swing doors at the end of the ride.

they were good fun we used to go on them for a good laugh rather than to be scared :D
Strongbow55

Return to Travelling Fairs Forum