Speedway/Noah's Ark for sale

What is happening at your local tober? Who has the best waltzer? What new rides have visited your area? This is the place to post your fairground messages.

Moderator: dave771

Speedway/Noah's Ark for sale

Postby Paul Grimshaw » 08 Jun 2011, 09:28

42ft Orton and Spooner Speedway/Noah's Ark, built for Thurstons in 1932. No. A126 on the NFA list.

The ride has been extensively rebuilt over the last 8 years including new gratings, gates, sleepers, rafters, etc. rebuild platforms, new hinges, new girders, axles, tyres, etc. as well as new 110v and 240v electrics, refurbished starter, knife boards and new light flash boxes. The ride is ready to open with a full 12 months ADIPS test done last week.

Decor by Gary Bignall apart from the paybox and handrails which were done by Bobby Ayres a few years back.

30 bikes and 3 chariots.

All packs on a 1993 ERF 8 wheeler and 2 wheel centre truck and includes 220amp 110v Gardner set.

As you know there aren't many arks about and this one fits in well on the Steam rallies or would do well on a static site or even in a private collection. I'd like to see it go to a good home and be run as an ark on the vintage scene rather than be converted to a waltzer.

Serious enquiries only, I'm not in a rush to sell so no stupid offers, That'll Be the Day dreamers or timewasters please.

Give me a call and make me an offer you may be suprised.

pm me or email paulgrimshaw62@googlemail.com
Paul Grimshaw

Return to Travelling Fairs Forum