Fair Maastricht (The Netherlands)

What is happening at your local tober? Who has the best waltzer? What new rides have visited your area? This is the place to post your fairground messages.

Moderator: dave771

Fair Maastricht (The Netherlands)

Postby renwan86 » 09 Jul 2005, 15:13

hello everyone, i'm rené and i live in the netherlands. I'll keep you updated about some dutch fairs.

We'll start with the fair in my hometown: Maastricht

The SpaceRoller from Hoefnagels, by many seen as the best ride in the land.

BreakDance also from Hoefnagels, and again a lot of people concider this as the best dutch Breakdance.

We have a sort of tradition here called spinning, it's only known by fairground fans. It means you have to move your weight in a way so your gondola starts to spin around. I don't know if it's a dutch thing, meybe you do the same? Well this guy was really good at it.

Ferris Wheel Bon Voyage from Snep, it used to be the most beautiful wheel we had but due to poor maintenance it doesn't look so good now.

And a simple Booster (whouldn't know who is the owner of this, i think it's Ordelman.):

Breakdance, SpaceRoller and Bon Voyage:

There were some more rides but we didn't take any pics of it :D :oops:
renwan86

Postby james64 » 26 Jul 2005, 15:17

nice pictures they are all cool 8) we r hoping to go there soon, thanks for sharing the pictures.
james64

Postby Killa » 30 Aug 2005, 14:32

great pictures.

i read what you said about leon snep's bon voyage wheel, is this the ex-buwalda around the world wheel that came to the uk in 2003? if so it was a beautiful wheel, i know leon modified it heavily into matching his other wheels and transport but i always imagined it to be well looked after and you say this isnt so? thats a great shame as it was a very smart wheel.
You can't beat that top buzz feeling!

www.ffun.co.uk
Killa

Postby renwan86 » 12 Sep 2005, 17:17

Killa wrote:great pictures.

i read what you said about leon snep's bon voyage wheel, is this the ex-buwalda around the world wheel that came to the uk in 2003? if so it was a beautiful wheel, i know leon modified it heavily into matching his other wheels and transport but i always imagined it to be well looked after and you say this isnt so? thats a great shame as it was a very smart wheel.

The 3 Bon Voyage wheels looked great in the beginning but due to poor maintenance almost all off the lights ar malfunctioning. The fair in Maastricht is finished at this time but BV 3 is in Den Haag at the moment and the lights of this wheel are broken too.
If Leon would look after his wheels better they would look great....

it's a shame.
renwan86

Return to Travelling Fairs Forum