Blackpool Wild Mouse

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Blackpool Wild Mouse

Postby kevin » 17 Jan 2018, 21:49

FROM THE SUN

ALL GONE DOWNHILL Blackpool Pleasure Beach wooden roller coaster Wild Mouse has been demolished – 60 years after it launched
Wild Mouse was one of the last remaining four wooden Wild Mouse roller coasters in the world, but it has been taken down to make way for more modern rides
By Caroline McGuire, Digital Travel Editor
8th January 2018, 5:23 pmUpdated: 8th January 2018, 5:29 pm
ONE of Blackpool’s oldest rides has been demolished.

The wooden roller coaster known as Wild Mouse has been scrapped by Pleasure Beach bosses – 60 years after it first launched.

The wooden roller coaster known as Wild Mouse has been scrapped by Pleasure Beach bosses – 60 years after it first launched
The wooden roller coaster known as Wild Mouse has been scrapped by Pleasure Beach bosses – 60 years after it first launched
It was designed by a man called Frank Wright and first opened in 1958
It was designed by a man called Frank Wright and first opened in 1958
kevin

Re: Blackpool Wild Mouse

Postby Peet » 24 Jan 2018, 18:26

I'm absolutely gutted about this, it was my first ever wooden roller coaster and remained one of my very favourites right up to my final ride.
It was the finest example of what is now an extremely rare ride type, especially since it doesn't look like the one from Morecambe/Southport will ever be rebuilt at Dreamland.
The oldest and best of hundreds of Wild Mouse coasters that have operated around the world. A huge loss.
Peet

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 27 Jan 2018, 17:33

Sad that it wasn't saved.
Was it dismantled, or torn down?
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby Peet » 12 Feb 2018, 14:10

Nobody seems to know for sure, but most likely torn down.
Peet

Postby sparky2u » 07 May 2018, 09:28

I was very sad when this classic woodie closed, It was one of my fav coasters and one of the rare-est. I don't think BPB will give a reason why it got torn down, but they could of asked Dreamland Margate if they wanted it for FREE if the ride was not in a bad condition. Such a great loss to our theme park history along with The Whip & the Turtle Bug, 2 more BPB rides which could of gone to Dreamland to keep working..
sparky2u

Postby sparky2u » 01 Aug 2018, 15:39

Jim Douglas Jr. wrote:Sad that it wasn't saved.
Was it dismantled, or torn down?

BPB don't want to say what happened to the WM as people would probably get personal to the park. I'm sure the coaster was repairable & could of been given to another English park to love and look after.
sparky2u

Postby aweber1us » 08 Aug 2018, 09:18

One of the cars was for sale on E/BAY to raise money for charity in the last two weeks.
aweber1us

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum