Daily Admission charge brought in - plus other attraction

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Daily Admission charge brought in - plus other attraction

Postby porf » 02 Mar 2018, 09:22

An overview of what's coming this year (mostly events based) plus a (sort of spendable) £5 entry fee if not buying wristbands

https://theisleofthanetnews.com/shaun-the-sheep-championsheeps-and-a-50ft-whale-theatre-at-dreamland-this-easter-family-events/
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Re: Daily Admission charge brought in - plus other attractio

Postby kevin » 04 Mar 2018, 13:20

Oh no, that dreaded term..."Admission charge"
kevin

Postby AJ » 05 Mar 2018, 20:45

Recieved an email Friday and thought I was seeing things, Orbital playing Dreamland. I really couldn't believe what I was reading. I've been following the Hartnoll brothers up and down the country since my late teens and now they were coming to Dreamland. So excited, I saw them at the Hammersmith Apollo in December on my birthday and took my 10yo son to what was his first gig. We can't wait to see how they will light the place up, their light shows are amazing.
AJ

Postby Bob » 04 Oct 2018, 12:24

porf wrote:An overview of what's coming this year (mostly events based) plus a (sort of spendable) £5 entry fee if not buying wristbands

https://theisleofthanetnews.com/shaun-the-sheep-championsheeps-and-a-50ft-whale-theatre-at-dreamland-this-easter-family-events/

Not really sensible in my view and it seems to be hitting there bottom line. In fact in the last 3 years Dreamland has raked up very substantial losses
Bob

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum