Thanet Council, Dreamland & Holiday Makers views

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Thanet Council, Dreamland & Holiday Makers views

Postby Cheryl » 14 Aug 2003, 15:26

Having just read the 'latest news' it was lovely to see Alan and his children enjoying the Scenic Railway. It was very interesting to learn that people from all over the country are on holiday in Margate and some will not return if Dreamland closes. Does anyone know if Thanet District Council are privy to this type of information. If they realised that holiday makers will stay away in their droves it might help our campaign.

I can't understand the need for a further shopping centre development. There are some shops in Margate High Street and Arlington Arcade that are empty and isn't there a big shopping mall being built at Westwood? How many shops does one small town need? There is only so much money to go around. I hope the Council see sense in this.

My family are off for our fortnight holiday to Margate on Saturday and will definitely be visiting Dreamland on many occasions during our stay. We too would have to think twice about returning if Dreamland goes. Margate is an all round family resort (at the moment) and that is what we look for. I hope that common sense prevails and we can enjoy Margate, Dreamland and the Scenic Railway for many years to come.
Cheryl
Cheryl

Postby Alan » 14 Aug 2003, 20:24

Glad you like the report, Not much time left for Dreamland. hope you enjoy your holiday

Alan
Alan

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum