All the rides at Dreamland

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

All the rides at Dreamland

Postby CelticPrincess67 » 27 Aug 2003, 18:28

First of all hi to brakeman Dave,(Dave i spoke to you the other day when we were getting on the scenic and said to you that i was "following about the scenic on the net" remember me? you then asked me to sign the save the scenic book which i did TWICE! LOL! (email me if you cant remember)

Just wondering about the rides in Dreamland, and wondering if anyone has any pics of them and their history, as I was thinking of putting together a fan tribute website to the wonderful place (as im a bit of a web designer), and would love to give my own tribute!
I remember going to Dreamland a long time back when there used to be a mini rollercoaster there which was like a caterpillar which went through a apple section. Used to be in the far bottom left hand corner of the park if i remember rightly. :D

From what i remember didnt Dreamland used to be the scenic railway side of the park and not the other side?

Anyway hello to all (this is my first post so i wont go on too much!)
~Sharon~
CelticPrincess67

Postby dave771 » 28 Aug 2003, 20:23

Hi its Dave, havent got much time so will make it brief, the area which is now a car park and the waste ground behind the Go Karts used to all be full of rides in the Bembom days, it has only got smaller in size since Jimmy Godden took over in 1996. I have got some pics of the rides from years back so please email me or talk to me next time you are down and will see what I can do for you,

Dave
dave771

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum