Scenic railway and Shell Grotto

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Scenic railway and Shell Grotto

Postby moonchild » 01 Sep 2003, 21:47

My family and I (we're from Germany) visited Dreamland about two weeks ago, and I would just like to thank those who keep the Scenic Railway running. It is something very special. We all thought it looked even better than last year (unfortunately this cannot be said about the whole park).

Quote from Dave's post in another thread:
"Due to somebody recently leaving the running of the Scenic Railway, not mentioning any names, i have not been paid for the past 6 weeks and my colleague Simon Goodenough has been helping free of charge when he can to keep the ride going"

Hats off to you both and everyone else who helps to keep the Scenic going!

We also visited the Shell Grotto and were in complete awe. What a fascinating place. When we were in Margate last year, we thought the Grotto wasn't really "worth" visiting :oops: as there was so little information about it and it didn't seem like such a big attraction at all - now I think it is one of the most intriguing places I have ever seen. I find it almost impossible though to describe what it is like to friends and relatives - a definite must-see!!!
moonchild

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum