Dreamland Remebered Part II

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Dreamland Remebered Part II

Postby AJ » 02 Sep 2003, 23:58

I was reading through the book again and thought I would point out the quote from page70 for anyone who hasn't read it or has not bought it yet.

Quote: "Among the publicity Dreamland's jubilee attracted was a celebratory supplement in the amusement trade newspaper World's Fair. On the back page of this editorial, a representative speaking for the Kent & Sussex section of the fairground concessionaires professional body said:
"The park is still showing itself as the leader in this part of the country. There can be no doubt that Dreamland must play a major role in the general economy of the Thanet area.

"It attracts huge numbers of visitors, who of course spend vast sums of money throughout the area - and not just at the amusement park alone" These words were spoken by one who would later take on the mantle of Dreamland ownership - one Jimmy Godden."

So its good to see that Godden agreed with us that Dreamland is vital for the economy of Thanet, more now than ever I would have thought!

P.S If you haven't bought the book yet then why not!! - BUY IT NOW http://www.Joylandbooks.com
AJ

Postby matt » 03 Sep 2003, 07:36

We should pass these wise words on to Thanet council.
Matt Rogers
matt

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum