Dreamland Ride Prices Slashed

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Dreamland Ride Prices Slashed

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 13 Sep 2003, 18:29

Somewhat predictably, we went for a ride on the Scenic Railway today.

The price of all rides, including the Scenic, has been reduced to 50p for the remainder of the season (with the exception of next Saturday`s special event, for which I believe the ride price is £1)

Obviously this is a bargain, so get down quick! You don`t actually save any money- you just get to ride it three times as much, which is even better.

We`ll be there again tomorrow, and we`ll also be there for next saturday, so we`ll see you then......

Vince, Charlie, Sam.
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby Alan » 13 Sep 2003, 21:35

Hi.
We was on the scenic railway today, you Were sitting at the front of the train (did not know till we ask dave) after you went, If we had known we would have come over for a chat.

Alan, Leanne and Eloise

PS we are going saturday for the 20s night
Alan

Postby porterm » 14 Sep 2003, 14:16

Hi Vince, Charlie and Sam,

Wow! Those ride price reductions take me back to the late 70's/ early 80's. I remember the park always used to do that late season before Bemboms' took over with their one-price admission. I also remember the days when you could take a repeat ride on the Scenic for what I believe was half-price at the time. (I can't believe that was over twenty years ago now!)

I was hoping to visit the park today but am still convalescing from a rotten cold virus. Hopefully I'll be fully recovered for next Saturday's big night. Ian Mansfield from the European Coaster Club will offer my best wishes to the Scenic crew.

Bye for now,

Martin

PS I'm hoping to have some good news from the Driveline Renault dealer in Canterbury soon regarding a Scenic commercial tie-in for next Saturday's Roaring 20's Night. Also there might just be a surprise or two in store if my recent e-mails are answered.
porterm

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum