Bembom memories

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Bembom memories

Postby dreamland » 30 Mar 2008, 20:48

i can remember being on the looping star and the train being lifted up the lift hill and i was right at the front and all of a sudden the looping star broke down and i was right at the top of the hill and admiring the view of the park . i must of been about 6 and must of been in 1986. another memory i have of the mary rose was in 1993 , the pads that come down normally squashed you , but for some reason the pad only went half way down , i was panicking and trying to get the ride operators attention but the ride had allready started. i loved the mary rose and was never ever scared of it but on this accasion it was scary as when the mary was upside down dangling for 5 or more seconds i was comming out the seat everytime it went upside down , did not injoy that accasion at all , it never stopped me going on it again . memories i have of the big wheel are when the wheel stopped and i was at the top me and my friends used to rock the carriage from side to side when it was windy. if anyone else has any bembom memories from 1982 till 1995 i would like to hear it
dreamland

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum