ERS on Sunday

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

ERS on Sunday

Postby dave771 » 26 Sep 2003, 21:12

Hi everyone,

Due to lack of interest im afraid that the ERS probably wont go ahead on Sunday the 28th of September. I have only had six responses which im afraid is not enough to hold an ERS.

I will confirm by email tomorow the decision for Sunday but to be honest cant see it going ahead,

Dave
dave771

Postby porterm » 26 Sep 2003, 23:23

Hello all,

Poor show I feel for this Sunday. Surely there are enough locals and coaster enthusiasts to support a final Scenic ride session. I'm off on holiday next Thursday and have a lot to do as I'm working right up to takeoff, but I'd still make the effort.

Go on... e-mail Dave now to secure your place. Be part of the possible history.

Martin
:roll:
porterm

scenic sunday

Postby imansfield » 27 Sep 2003, 15:35

Dont worry Dave,

I'll be there for sure around 3pm -ish, and I know there are a few more die-hards turning up for the last ride. Even if there's no ERS, we'll still have fun celebrating the last ride of the season.

Ian Mansfield
imansfield

Postby dave771 » 27 Sep 2003, 18:51

thanks to you all, as u probably all know the park including the scenic will be open from sat 25th sept - sun 2nd nov for half term, for some reason i have not been offered the scenic so somebody else will be running it for that period, but will probably still be working on it with john,

Hope to see some of you on Sunday,

Dave
dave771

Postby Sarah » 27 Sep 2003, 19:07

Despite being ridiculed on the Dreamland Staff Night Out (I was told by John that I bowl like a wonky donkey and Dave made some unrepeatable, and not terribly complimentary, comments) I shall be there on Sunday. Just be nice fellas.

Sarah
Sarah

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum