Margate, good old days

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Margate, good old days

Postby susiemags » 08 Apr 2008, 19:23

I have lived in Margate most of my life only moving when i had to.
Over the years i seen so many changes and none i can say for the good of Margate.
Can any one remenber the fun times on the Sundeck in the halfpenny arcade? :lol: The fun swims at Lido, good old game of snooker also summer Fun in the Salon at Lido? :D Theatre had good shows there at Lido. Putting Green at Train station green? The olde sweet shops, Pier and the fun on it? :?
I looked forward to summer holidays from school, living in Margate in summer was holiday every day. always so much to do. No money you could walk round Dreamland and just soak up the atmosphere.
Now Nothing Margate itself is like a Derelict building, I know things have to move on but not to the extent where we have nothing to look forward to.
:cry:
Come on tdc do something positive
susiemags

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum